7 Mar 2022

AWWWW MONDAY-WEEKEND MARCH 5




Arthur was Rosie's pal or buddy he shared our lives for nearly 20 years and died in his sleep. He was the most unic, adventurous and intelligent cat I ever knew !! And my best model for all cat or animal memes !

He left us forever on March 6 two years ago.



Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

 

WEEKEND

On Saturday the sunny weather was still there and I visited Rick.  After having managed to tidy up the closet without too many protests from him (thanks to the good advices I got from some blogfriends) , he agreed to go downstairs and join the others. I don't know what he has but each time I come his closet is upside down, the socks with the pyjamas, the joggings with pullovers, the long sleeves with a shoe etc. He pretends that he had put everything in place and I asked him to not touch the wardrobe anymore because it takes time to put everything back in place. Each time he says yes and each time it is a mess. Doesn't matter meanwhile I am used to it.

I showed him new photos on my  phone, but he can't concentrate too long and lost interest. Having a conversation is also  difficult, Because this time he wanted me to buy a book and I asked him what kind of book, he tried to explain and I didn't understand, he got angry I made an effort and finally I found out that he needed new slippers ! I start to admire myself ! From a book to slippers it's quite a way. 

Besides me was a man sitting in a wheelchair who counted all the time at 341 I got nervous and thought if only I had a plaster to close his mouth. I admit it wasn't a friendly idea, and fortunately his wife came an wheeled him away and he stopped counting. She said that she came 3 times per day beccause she had no  trust in the personel ! I told her that I am very satisfied and have nothing to complain. She gave me a killer look and disappeared. After an hour Rick was tired and wanted to lay down a bit and I returned home. This time the visit had been quite well.

 This was the first spring flower I saw this year, I saw it outside Rick's Home!

 On Sunday morning Nicole called me and asked if we, Adeline and I couldn't come over to sit on her terrace again, as the weather was still so nice although quite cool only 8° and we couldn't sit outside it was warm but not enough. Nicole hadn't realized. 

 

We had our coffee inside and Nicole's cousin had baked us eclairs, which tasted delicious

Isis loves company too and sat at our feet. The afternoon went by very fast, we had a lot to talk, and from tomorrow on officially we don't have the Corona Virus anymore. I hope he moved to Putin ! No masks anymore, no vaccination pass, we will be free like birds except that now the mentally disturbed Putin choose to replace the Covid statistiques with the statistiques of the Ukrainian soldiers !

The pictures of the destroyed cities remind me of my childhood when we children used to play in the ruins, that was out Disneyland. When I was a child it was such a nice playground, but today as an adult I know the truth and I switch the TV off ! For the moment I can't see these pictures I am just too affected with all what happens around me !




 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice visit with your husband. He will be constantly changing so you have to enjoy the good times you do get. The war is a terrible thing and it makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a lot of patience when trying to work out that book means slippers lol. Of course it's not really funny but at least you are happy with the care Rick is receiving. Those eclairs look good. Yes it's hard to watch the news at the moment. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Arthur was a love bug for sure! And your afternoon get together looks like a wonderful time! Yummy eclairs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur was a handsome mancat too. I'm sorry you lost him.

    Awww on Rosie. She's a most beautiful girl.

    I drank a shot of vodka.

    I ate one of the eclairs. Yummy.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, so nice to see flashbacks of your sweet Arthur.

    Where I work we also have people who constantly repeat the same thing over and over...and counting also. Though their numbers are not in order, LOL! Like you say, its is funny, but its not.

    Glad your visit with Rick was a good one, if not a wee bit frustrating...you are a good interpreter! And likely good at charades, too:)

    Hooray for freedom form Covid. Like you said, send it to the thug from Russia...

    I can understand why you are not wanting to see the images of war. It IS horrible, and if you have experienced such horrors, it opens up all those things in your mind once again. And it is like PSTD. My parents were in The Netherlands during the WW11, and they too hated to see any kind of violence on the TV. They did not even talk about such things, unless they were with my relatives and were in memory mode. At family gatherings, that is where I heard much more...way more than I wanted to sometimes. But its good that we not forget such things...so we can teach our children who really might not understand.

    Son #1 might be in Belgium this summer...not sure which area, though.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !