18 Mar 2022

FRIDAY's FAVORITE FIVE

On Monday I felt like I was stung by a TseTse fly, I felt so tired. 

I finally found my way out of bed without using a satnav ! All day I dragged myself from the computer to the TV, chatted with my neighbor, watched a movie, and then went to bed and read. At that moment the day started for cat Rosie and she raced through the apartment growling like a dog and hiding under the cushions.

When I looked in the mirror I stated that my hair looked like an old Hippie hairdo, it had to be cut. My neighbor's hair too, and as she can't drive she came with me, but before we had lunch in the "Lunch Garden" of the Carrefour store. For once the Steak was very good and didn't taste like a plastic toy. 

After that we went to the hairdresser also in  the Carrefour store. There we had a lot of fun because we were alone with the young woman who liked to laugh too and who was happy to have two funny oldies as clients ! Usually she said, her clients had all sour faces and the whole day the poor girl had to listen to all miseries of the world and the personal illnesses ! 

The result

As usual I visited Rick to bring him his wafels. He forgets more and more and thought I hadn't called or come and it was the same with our son. Even his friend who had played a game with him on Sunday afternoon he had forgotten. To distract him a bit because he only wants to stay in his room I took him downstairs to the others 

where crepes were prepared and everybody waited to get his crepe. It was quite funny and the young male nurse did his best to amuse everybody. Rick who didn't want to eat a crepe, finally ate two ! I made a selfie from us, not one but 8 until I got a smile on his face !

In their garden the trees started to bloom and also the hedge with yellow leaves.
 
I had to buy Rosie's cat food, since she became an inside cat she didn't  tolerate what she used to eat before, now she has special food for seensitive stomachs. In the animal food shop still sits Cookie the parrot. I know him since the shop was opened 15 or more years ago. He was outside sitting on his cage and looked at me from top to bottom 
 
 
I talked a bit with him and when I went away he whistled like a man ! I had to laugh I thought now I am belonging to the 3rd youth, and at least a parrot whistles behind me !
 
In the evening I admired a beautiful sunset sometimes they are really amazing !
 

 
 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

12 comments:

  1. I've said this before but you are fortunate to have good health and not tell the hairdresser about all your medical problems. Why do so many old people want to bore young people with their medical issues? The selfie of you and Rick is good. Nice sunset for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your husband look wonderful … well worth the eight snaps. It would not be unusual for me to take dozens of pictures in search of the perfect split-second shot. Cookie looks like a friendly and curious parrot … besides being a good whistler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good week all around. I'm glad Rick agreed to go out with the others and finally enjoyed a couple of crepes. Bless that young male nurse's heart--those folks don't have an easy time of it. Nice selfie with Rick and then with the new hairdo. How fun to combine the haircut with a friend and lunch and to make the hairdresser laugh as well. That's funny about the parrot in the per store. Beautiful sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also felt so tired last week. It turned out to be Covid. I am ok now though and testing negative again. Hope you felt better after your haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats can be peculiar at times.


    Cookie is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunset photo is breathtaking! i love it.

    Glad you had some time wiht your husband and that's a great selfie! Your haircut looks lovely on you.

    HAPPY SPRING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both have lovely smilie.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely photo of you both. It is so sad to see them get worse with their memory. Be strong. It was a good outing with your neighbour to get a smart haircut. (similar to mine)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always feel better when I've had my hair cut. Nice to have a friend to go with and have a chat with. My hairdresser is very quiet. That's a good photo of you and Rick and yes a beautiful sunset. How funny about the parrot! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your weather is finally turning to spring. The budding trees and bushes always bring joy.
    The haircut looks good and your photo with Rick is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great week! How fun to have lunch and haircuts with a friend. Such a nice photo with you and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunset is gorgeous! How fun to visit your stylist with a friend and enjoy some good laughter. The haircut looks nice. Love the photo you and Rick. How funny he ended up eating 2 crepes when he didn't want any.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !