27 Aug 2021

FRIDAYS FAVE FIVE

On Monday I quickly went to Mr. G. I had forgotten the dirty laundry but I didn't stay long. It seemed to me that slowly the personal returns from holidays, there were nurses I had never seen before and also the female manager was back.  I didn't do anything special, I just was resting ! I wonder why we are all so tired and without energy, we don't do any hard work, maybe it comes from doing nothing.

We only were 3 for our Scrabble, one was in Morocco and Nicole had her eye surgery. But the weather was for once warm and we could play on the terrace. We didn't count the points but I was sure that I lost (again) !

 Delicious cake served on different plates and cups, a new fashion !

I finally bought my new Smartphone which I should have gotten for my birthday in July. I choose the Samsung A 41 which was not only in promotion but had all the functions I needed. At the same time a I had ordered on Internet the matching case which arrived the next day ! A miracle because it was sent by normal snail mail !

 I found the butterflies so cheerful I can't find this in a shop here and then it costs the double. 

Now I am busy to put in  my things  the most important I have done already.

For the first time since March Mr. G. agreed to come  to our home to see cat Rosie. So far he always had refused telling me that he didn't feel well enough. I think he was a little anxious how he would feel and behave after such a long time. I feared that he wanted to stay and it would be very sad. So I was quite stressed but I had asked my friend and nurse to come with me for the first time.

Nothing what I had feared happened. He stepped inside right away to Rosie's basket talking to her and she recognized him immediately even after such a long time and later settled down on his lap !

This done he asked where his books were, he didn't know where his room was. Isabelle went with him while I made coffee. Finally he left the books here, but took all kind of decoration with him for "his" room, little Ferraris, and accessories. After the coffee and bisquits he looked at his watch and said he had to go home. I told him that it was only 4 pm, so he stayed another 15 min but then he insisted he wanted to return home. Isabel drove him back, as I was half dead and told me later that he brought the two bags to his room and then joined the others to tell them about his afternoon ! Was I happy, now I can take him home for an hour or so as I know that he now feels like a guest here and his home is in the retirement home. A big stone fell from my heart.

Miss Rosie was happy to see her male servant again !

 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

11 comments:

  1. Awww, so sweet to have Mr G come to see you and Rose. Glad it went well, though obviously you got all tired out! That stone that fell off, just throw it in the river or lake, so it won't come back ever again.

    I like your 'alfresco' terrace set up! Yummy cakes too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and sad too.

    Doing nothing can be very tiring. At the moment I really know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A story with two sides. On the one hand the good of him wanting to return to his new home where he knows/feels he is at home now, on the other hand the bad of him not wanting to stay in his home with you, because your move to the new home was supposed to be good for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr.G's first visit home is moving!
    Yes, I think doing nothing might often make one tired. I also think mental work is more tiring than physical one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the home visit went well. I'm sure it was worrying as to how Mr G would react. I'm not surprised you feel tired at times. You've had a very stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had chance to go and see your husband.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see that this went beautifully. Happy for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find your post happy and sad at the same time. I am glad Mr G now considers the retirement home as his home but sad that he doesn't feel that way about your home. It is much easier for you now knowing how happy and comfortable he is in his new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best of these faves is that Mr. G is comfortable where he is. Truly, that is a load off your heart.
    Rosie looks so happy and content.
    Scrabble on your warm deck sounds like a good afternoon.
    Have a good and safe weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your phone case! I'm glad Mr. G's visit home went well.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !