12 Nov 2018

WEEKEND NOVEMBER 10

While during the whole week, the sun was shining on Saturday when I opened the shutters, it rained and it was quite stormy ! The rain pelted against the window, and I thought today I will do like my cats



just laying around and doing nothing !

But after my first cup of coffee I thought that this plan would be a lost day and as Ilona was in the same situation, she asked me to come over for a cup of tea. Now Ilona doesn't live in Waterloo, but around 15 km from here, very easy a nice big road always straight and usually it takes me 20 min to get there.

As usual I took the Chaussee, and about 2 km from her home, the Chaussee was closed because of works ! There was no way to get to her house. I turned and found myself on this beautiful road with colored trees. Before Madame GPS told me to perform a U turn, I stopped and took this picture;




As it was useless to perform a U-turn I continued and she bravely directed me towards Ilona's address.



Only suddenly I found myself on a very small street for only one car in the middle of the country side. I was angry with my Madame, but then realized that as usual when she says to turn right I had turned left !  Instead of a lot of cars and their drivers I had cows starring into my car. They all arrived they probably thought I would bring them some food.

After a few turn left, turn right, perform a U-turn I finally arrived at Ilona's half an hour later ! Not so bad. She laughed her head off when I told her my adventure. Fortunately my car didn't get stuck at the cow field !



She had prepared her little garden for the winter and I found this blooming cabbage in the cat so cute.



She had lit a fire and we had our tea and a very nice afternoon.

On Sunday it was even worse ! Fortunately we were invited  by Monique who wanted to celebrate her grandson's victory over three surgeries, he had an appendix surgery with quite some complications.



We had this beautiful cake, which tasted delicious



and after that a bottle of champagne and chatted the whole afternoon not about men ... but about our pets !!

Time flies by in good company !

10 comments:

  1. GPS can be frustrating at times especially when there is road works. Ilona's house is welcoming. I bet you had a nice afternoon even in the poor weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny about getting out into the country with the cows. But it sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once grounded my car on a country lane when following the GPS. The farmer had to tow me out with his tractor! Embarrassing... Tell Ilona I really like her woodburning stove.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have many country lanes around here, and right now we have a lot of road repair before the true onset of winter. I would have enjoyed the time with the cows! :)
    Ilona's stove looks so comfy and warm! The cabbage is also wonderful!
    It looks like Belgium is still in Autumn, so many pretty leaves. Our leaves are gone and now we have skeleton trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not fun getting delayed but you certainly saw some great sights. The cake looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One good reason to not have those systems in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the kitty pot with cabbage. So cute!
    How scary it must have been to have complications with surgery. Glad Monique's grandson overcame difficult time. The cake looks delicious! Of course, it's most enjoyable to talk about our fur family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing that fire in the lounge makes me feel very cosy and warm. You are right to go out and spend time with friends rather than look at the miserable weather through the window.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun with the cows, but more fun with the good friends )). Pretty countryside. I love my GPS -- Bill always fights with her, he thinks he knows better than she does (and sometimes he is right, probably he wouldn't have ended up in the cow pasture).

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm trying another way to comment to see if it works (I couldn't get to my own site by following the link in my comment above). We're trying to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !