28 Sept 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I think summer is definitively over now, I had to put on the heating. It is real cold in the mornings but  in the afternoons it becomes warm to very warm and we have to set the thermostat up and down !

Finally I finished another city of my big tour, Stockholm and the old Vasar war ship, which took me the whole morning.

I am so fed up with our living furniture in which I sit exactly since 43 years, except the sofas have changed once ! Now I want to have something more modern. Therefore I went to a furniture store to have a look and was horrified about the expensive prices !

My hair had grown and I started to look like a broom. To cheer me up I went and had my hair cut as usual, certainly 1 cm went off !



Arthur was not very keen to pose with me for a selfie. He doesn't care about my new haircut either.

We had our scrabble in the afternoon, and I lost again, Nicole this time won ! Little Isis, a very social cat sat besides the table and watched !



She loves company !

We will have our yearly painting exhibition end October and I was asked to compose a poster, which should appear on Facebook and a little everywhere in Waterloo in shops and restaurants etc.

After half an afternoon of composing and trying out I finally had my end result which had been chosen.



In our painting course we discussed what we have to buy and prepare for the exhibition and where to make the tom tom for the publicity ! Put posters everywhere ? Finally we decided on Facebook and email invitations. At least people get it directly. The past told us that posters are not so efficient.

In the afternoon I "mowed" the law, which means I was sitting and surfing on my computer



while Arthur and Rosie watched that thing with suspicious looks. The one who invented this robot earns a medal !!








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

10 comments:

  1. Your robotic mower always fascinates me. A great poster once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that robot!!!!!

    How fun to create some invites for your painting class.

    Love the new hair cut!!

    We don't need the heat on yet here in New York thank God!!!

    I'm loving our autumn weather.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That robot mower would come in handy, but I'm sure the cats wouldn't like it one bit.

    If your present furniture is still functional, you could have it reupholstered with a fresh colour as opposed to buying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha my kitties are not into selfie (or any photoshoot), either :-)
    I love your mowing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still very warm and humid here, and the air conditioner is still on. I am hoping for cooler weather soon.

    We did some furniture shopping earlier this year. Some stores were ridiculously high, but thankfully we found what we needed at a pretty reasonable price after a lot of searching.

    Nice poster for your exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are having to turn the heating up and down too. The robotic mower certainly is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't given in and put the central heating on yet but I have used our portable electric heater a few times in the evening. Your method of mowing the gross is great but I'm not sure one would work here. I like your poster and I hope they will print a few at least to justify your hard work in preparing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new haircut even though I hate to disagree with your cat. lol. I always feel fresh when I've gotten one. I need to get a cut soon.

    The poster you created is eye-catching. I've also noticed that social media is probably the best way to get information out.

    Furniture is expensive here, too. When I go window shooing and see the prices, I am cured of wanting anything new. It sounds like you felt the same way, too.

    I hope the weather is better for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We haven't needed to turn on our heat yet and our windows are still open day and night. BUT. I am appreciating my flannel shirts.

    The poster is definitely eye catching. I agree that social media seems to be the way to advertise these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been cold here this week too, ending with a touch of snow today! Our heater has been coming on at night for about 2 weeks now. Brrr. The price of furniture always scares me. And if you get something too cheap it doesn't last. Sounds like your exhibit is coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !