20 Jul 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with me looking through my clothes prepare a list what to take along for my stay in Amsterdam at my son's house.

The next day two friends came by to enjoy our garden in which it was nice and cool while theirs was so hot that it was impossible to sit outside.

On Thursday then I left for Amsterdam. I first took the train to the Brussels' North station where the Bus for international travels have their parking. Very easy to find and not much to walk.



I had a sandwich and a drink and waited for the bus ! It was very busy at the North station and I saw buildings I had never seen before.

The bus was very comfortable and had wifi too.



When I saw canals and bicycles I knew that I was in the Netherlands ! Below right there is a special parking for thousands of bikes !  I think we were in Den Haag.

I arrived even a little earlier in Amsterdam there had been no traffic on the highway. Shortly after my arrival my son and Toby picked me up and we drove home.

There I met new family members two guinea pigs, and while we were eating outside they were running around in an outside cage.




My DIL had prepared a delicious supper, fresh raviolis filled with spinach and mozarella and a tomatoe sauce with lots of vegetables. As desert I had an ice cream !

We chatted a bit and then I went to bed and Toby too, I was rather tired after the long day !

Probably I can't answer comments as usual, lack of time !





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

13 comments:

  1. Oh i have had the Netherlands on my bucket list of places to visit for so long!!!! Now we just need the money and the youngest gal to be done with university!!! Hahaha

    You always have fun pictures of fun weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A long day but worth the trip to spend quality time with your family. Hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very nice that you were so warmly welcomed by family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the bus trip was nice. Around here bus travel isn't so great. Amsterdam looks like a lovely place to visit. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in such a beautiful area!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice trip! Have fun with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a beautiful place but the best part is being with your family .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that outside dining area. And the guinea pigs are so cute :) I hope you have a wonderful time in Amsterdam with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time with your grandson! That's always fun.
    That outdoor dining area looks very inviting, as does the food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever I used to travel on the Eurolines, I used to get sick afterwards. Every single time!

    Have a great time with Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it was a good trip! Hope you got rested up and are having a wonderful time with Toby (and of course his parents when they get home from work). Meanwhile, dinner sounds like it was good and it's nice to eat outside.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !