more participants here
1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
That's not even a question for me. Of course I can have both, I had it my whole life since I was lucky and was not born before WWII but just at the end. Ever since we live in freedom, at least in the European Union. Security is not guaranteed, as we have now to deal with terrorists wherever you are !
2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
A historical site ? When I was for the first time in the States in 1971 we also visited Mount Rushmore. Just behind we could see the beginning of The Crazy Horse Memorial construction and it looked like the photo below. I wanted to come back and see it finished. When I googled for a picture to my surprise I found one which looked like as I had seen the monument only it is a picture of 1993 ! 22 years later !
As it was started in 1948 and is still not finished which makes almost 70 years, I think I will never see it really finished. Sad.
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
I always needed to be free even as a child. I do what I want as long as it doesn't disturb my family or friends. I have always tried to make compromises to keep my freedom.
4. Something in your fridge that's red? Something in your house that's white? Something in your view that's blue?
In my fridge is a red beer can ! My kitchen furniture is white, and just besides me is the blue cat scratch tower squatted by cat Arthur !
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Salt water taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.
I think I crossed New Jersey, I haven't been nowhere I remember. Of course we have a lot of diners where I live, the Belgians like the French love sophisticated food and a dinner can easily last for 4 hours or more ! I never tried a Taylor Pork roll I even never heard of it, but I like to play Monopoly and put people into prison. I don't like shopping at all, only when I need something and the shopping mall is good for walking when it rains ! No songs come into my mind of these 3 singers.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
As usual I try to make a plan for today only to discover in the evening that I have done a lot of things or not at all but nothing what I had planned, like have my car washed.