The masters of the universe..... grandson Toby and best friend
more participants here and here
1. It's that time of year again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or genera uselessness) in 2018. You can read more about the decision making process and word meaning here, but this year's top vote getters are-
unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn't need to be heated), and gig economy
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
English is not my mothertongue so all these words sound right to me even the hot water. We have these absurdities in French too. Anyway languages change, you only realize it when you have been long time out of the country. When I once visited my girlfriend in Germany she bought me a dictionary to understand the youth ! Although German is my mothertongue, there are so many new words !
2. What's something you need to get rid of in the new year?
There is no need, everything can stay where it is, I couldn't say my husband could I ? .....
3. Where do you feel stuck?
For the moment everywhere, no energy I recover from the festivities and a flu !
4. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter's day?
How lucky I am that it is no Soup Month here, I hate soups ! So I never do open a can or do it myself !!
The only one I like is lentil soup but I don't call that a soup, as it is not really liquid
5. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in 2018.
To this travel in August
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My thought is that I am happy that all these festivities are over, and I can return to my normal life !