Two little Draculas, grandson Toby and friend
more participants here
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
We played cards and our 6 year old grandson won ! We didn't cheat, he really won, and Mr. G. made a sour face because he is a real player and can't stand to loose ! Even against his grandson !
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
We had Sushis and they were not home made of course ! I had ordered them.
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
Beautiful was a bracelet in silver with red zirconiums here presented by Rosie
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
Getting out of my bed when it's cold and dark, that's always fresh !
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
I had some up and downs so I would say 7
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.
Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
I would banish them all, except "you" they all sound Greek to me and I have never used one of them, except Bête noir, but that's a French word and means "the black sheep" in a group.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
I have no goal, I follow the Beatles' motto "Let it be" (but without mother Mary)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am happy that the year's end festivities are over and I can go back to my normal life ! I am ready to attack 2017 !