21 Mar 2016

WEEKEND REVIEW March 19

Nicole has a friend since a long time and had presented me to her. So she invited us in the afternoon for a coffee with a self Charlotte cake.



It tasted delicious !



I took some pictures of her living room, because it took me back in time, it's so unusual now to find such old and cosy furniture with a lot of souvenirs from all corners of the world. Most of the people's interior had been modernized not to talk about the younger generation where the fashion is to be "zen" and the whole room is in brown/grey, black/white, or dark grey/white. I personally find it sad and not cosy at all ! Even old restaurants which kept their outside from hundreds of years ago, became "zen" inside !

On our way back we heard in the radio that the special police unit had just captured the terrorist Salah Abdeslam, they were looking for for 4 months in the whole world ! After the Paris attacks he had returned to Brussels and apparently never left ever since.



So we were spoiled again with the most dramatic pictures on TV. The whole event took in total 3 hours, but on TV it lasted the whole evening and after half an hour we watched a recorded movie, we had enough. The whole thing was repeated again the next day.

We all hope that this is finished now, it gives a very bad image for Brussels and the tourist sector is again affected. Today it's all peaceful in the streets except the curious who want to see the "crime scene". Brussels/Molenbeek becomes a SPA town. Meanwhile Salah Abdeslam is in Bruges high security prison and refuses to be transferred to France, unfortunately for him he is French.

On Sunday morning it was again cold and grey and my energy level dropped to 0 ! I wanted to go to the midi market as I haven't been there since last year, but this cold just paralyses me !





6 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - the cake looks delicious; some people's interiors aren't homely are they - this looks amazing ... and I'm glad they've caught the bomber - let's hope that network has been immobilised for a while. It's not easy ...

    The Spring is coming! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay in your warm and cosy house until the Spring weather comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old and cosy and cabinets full of souvenirs. That room looks beautiful. I think the colour white or beige should be banned in houses as there is nothing for the eye to feast on or no clue as to the lives of the people who live there.
    The capture of the terrorist was on the news here too but only for a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I were rich, I would come immediately to Brussels just to show that I wasn't afraid to do so. (I'd definitely want a piece of that scrumptious looking cake when I got there!) Seriously, I do hope this is the end of your country's troubles with those guys. I do think it is sort of funny and sort of sad how people see the news and think it is the whole country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of a Charlotte cake and google it. Don't believe it would be good for the waist line.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !