15 Jul 2011
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. As we had a quiet busy weekend with our little grandson and parents and my birthday celebrations, I started the week feeling very very lazy ! I thought I had done enough for the next weeks. Fortunately my laziness didn't last too long, I had to do some shopping and as I found a nice red blouse on sale, I bought it, and stated at home that I had the same blouse already ! Couldn't change it because it had been "on sale". Doesn't matter, so when one is dirty I just take the other one and people will think that I never wash my clothes.
2. A friend had downloaded Picasa on her computer for her photos and had asked me to explain her how it works. So I spent the afternoon with her explaining and also make folders for her photos to file them by theme, because she had a real mess in her whole filing system.
3. I tried out my new GPS which I had got for my birthday ! I put the name of a garden store in it found it and took me there without any detours or problems. She also told me when a radar was hidden in the bushes and the speed limits of course. People who saw me in my car must have thought that I just escaped from a madhouse because I was laughing my head off sitting alone in my car. Madam GPS spoke English because I had choosen this language for the settings. Unfortunately she tells me the names of the streets and that sounds so funny because of her pronunciation ! The street names being in French or Dutch, it is hilarious. Fortunately the names are written on the map, otherwise I wouldn't know where I am.
4. I had to put my car in the Garage for the yearly inspection and check up. Besides the usual things there was no major problem (except a hole in my bank account) so I am OK for another year.
5. We had our last painting class before it starts again in September. We finished quiet late this year because 3 classes had been cancelled in winter due to heavy snow. That's why we recuperated our classes now in summer.
As it was the last day, we didn't paint very much but had a lot of "big discussions"
BTW summer ! Today was the coldest day since years in July ! we had royally 12°C (53 F) and it rains cats and dogs together with a strong wind ! I had to take out my autumn anorak and in the evening we warmed us up in front of our open fire !