21 Feb 2008
I usually sleep very well as soon as my head hits the pillow I am gone. But apparently there are some exceptions like last night. Here are 13 reasons why I didn't sleep very well.
1. I woke up because cat Lisa had jumped on my bedside table and knocked down the lamp. I fumbled in the dark to put it back then fell asleep again
2. I woke up because I heard somebody shouting in a very angry voice "go to hell ! " I didn't want to go to hell but stay in my bed but it wasn't to me that the words were addressed, Mr. Gattino had sent somebody else to hell. He talks when he sleeps
3. I woke up because a craw was cawing in my room. I checked, it wasn't a craw it was cat Lisa asking for food at 2 am. I faked not to hear anything and fell asleep again
4. I woke up because something hit my head I switched on the light, cat Lisa had missed my bed in the dark and had jumped on my head. I sighed got up and fed her at 3 am.
5. I woke up because it rumbled through the house. I thought it was an earthquake but it was only Mr. Gattino who had fallen out of his bed.
6. I switched on the light and saw him sitting on the floor with big question marks in his eyes. He had jumped from a rock in his dream.
7. I tried to fall asleep again
8. I woke up from a very loud noise. The alarm of the neighbor's house blow as if World War III had started. I just wanted to check what happened when silence came back. I hoped to fall asleep again
9. I woke up because I heard somebody singing and talking in Italian. It was Mr. Gattino who performed in his sleep
10. I tried to fall asleep it was only 4 am
11. Now cat Rosie had decided that the night was over and started to purr in my ear making a noise like a lawn mower.
12. I listened a little, thought cat purrs are good for stress and nerves, but at 5.30 am I still didn't sleep
13. At 6 am I gave up, got up and followed by 5 cats went to the kitchen to feed them, while I heard Mr. Gattino's peaceful snoring. I still don't understand why so early in the morning I got killer instincts.