21 Jan 2008

MANIC MONDAY - DATE

For FUN MONDAY scroll down


MANIC MONDAY LINK


MY FIRST AND LAST BLIND DATE !

When I had already moved to my own flat because I was fat up to live with my parents at 24, there was sometimes a period when I had no boyfriend. That didn't bother me especially because I went out dancing with friends and life was fun.

But my best friend at this time was very worried about me ! I didn't lead a normal life for a girl of a good family and I had to get married ! She looked amongst her husband's friends to find an adequate partner for me and asked me if I would agree to a date. Of course she praised this apparantly exceptional male in all his glory and made me curious. I agreed and a date was fixed. We should meet in a little café near her home. I found that very funny, I had never had a blind date and thought about wearing a rose in my hand or a newspaper under my arm.

I arrived ponctual at my date and saw a tall young man who wear glasses and was almost bald, he only had a crown of hair around his head. That already disturbed me a a lot little . But he came over to me and finally I found him quite sympathic. We chatted a while and I immediately realized that he intended to consider me far more than a friend. But as I had time and finally nothing to loose I agreed to a second date.

And that was wrong ! From this time on he persecuted me with marriage proposals, called me all the time and when we walked and he saw a furniture shop he wanted to choose furniture with me for our future house ! He became a real sticker and soon I really had enough. The tip of the top then was when my caring neigbor, an old lady who had nothing to do the whole day then watching my love life, alerted my parents to tell them that I undertained a relationship with an elderly man ! Knowing me, my parents found that rather funny. They knew who the "elderly" man was, the poor guy was only 25 ! But of course looking at his bald crane from the second floor it could be confusing.

I also couldn't stand his cow eyes in love and told him that I only had friendship feelings for him and nothing else. It took him nearly a year until he finally gave up calling me once a week to ask if I was ready for him now . But in between I had dates with Mr. Gattino and other interests and I only wished I had never agreed to this blind date !




15 comments:

  1. you are a heart breaker.

    (ps. I think you mean FED UP with your parents.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, some people just never get the hints!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That man could be so persistent. I once had a suitor like that. He was a good man, comes from a well to do family. I almost fell for him but his persistence turned me off.
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy MLK Day! Great MM post. Truly a wonderful story ... and I wonder what became of poor Mr. Gattino? Do you think he has a blog?

    My MM post today focuses on Martin Luther King Day.

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I ever had a blind date...and sometimes you just can't be polite with people who just don't get the obvious hints!!! glad you felt in your heart Mr Gattino was around the corner...:)
    Doing better with jetlag, waking up before the other ones so I can blog a tiny bit !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem is that people who desire a love relationship often make a mistake in their desperation of trying to rush a relationship and end up driving away someone they admire. In a way it is very sad, but for some of the more extreme types it can even be dangerous.

    I'm glad you found Mr. Gattina. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blind date sounded more like a stalker than anything else. Glad he finally went away. Have a great MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! BEWARE the BLIND date! I had one like him one time ... but he wasn't a BLIND date... he was never a DATE at all! He just pursued me AS IF I had ever given him the time of day! LOL! I confess... I was NOT very nice to him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, gross! I hate clingers. I am so lucky. I had only one blind date in my life and it was wonderful. The guy was gorgeous, we had a great time and I never went on a blind date again. I figured I could never get that lucky again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You little heart-breaker!! Lovely story and thanks for telling it!

    Solche Typen nennen wir "Kletten!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my god, never go on blind dates.... *giggles*

    Just passing by leaving important information:
    Cyber Cruisers New Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder if he ever got married?!!! Poor odd fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I ever have been on a blind date. Sounds like yours was typical from what I hear. LOL

    It's always a bad thing when someone describes your potential date as "having a great personality."

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a sticker! That must have been hard - though funny to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh no, you're a heart breaker Gattina. poor guy, but it must have been hard on you too. i once had a blind date and it went really well but he never asked me out again so he broke my heart :( well i got over it after a week.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !