15 Nov 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN




My blogging place for 2 weeks.

Our holidays are coming to an end. Tomorrow we fly home into the cold weather !

13 things about my holidays in Egypt with two friends.

1. we did a one day excursion to Luxor to see all the amazing places which exist since more than 3000 years before JC.


The Valley of the Kings

2. We went with a glass boat far into the red sea and watched corals and beautiful colored fishes. We even saw a turtle.

3. To get to the boat we were driven in a golf car as my friend can't walk far with her crutches

4. We stopped on a sand bank in the middle of the ocean and could walk there with the water up to our knees

5. Wherever you go the places are very well equipped for handicapped people as Hurghada is a quite new town

6. Here at the Red Sea the Egyptians are very friendly, helpful and funny. They seem to be very very happy people.

7. There is a lot of personal for everything and a lot who who only pick up the dirt tourists leave behind.

8. The streets here in Hurghada are so clean that you could eat on them. They are cleaned all the time.

9. Some tourists are really behaving very badly throwing their trash everywhere and treat the locals very unpolitely and disdainful.

10. Besides the Russian woman who took bread out of our bread basket, we had one who suddenly approached and toot the tooth sticks away without saying a word !

11. You can eat a medium Pizza here in this 5 * hotel for 2 euros !

12. There are so many Russians here that I have to learn Russian ! I already started with
"daaa" (yes) "daawaaii" (quick), sbaasibaah (thank you) and "njet" (no). Apparently this is enough for a conversation because this morning a girl came to me and said :"grrrraaaagrroooogrrraaabaaad" which I understood immediately ! she asked for my lighter !

13. We had a great time and found our teenager years back with 60 !






Our last evening meal in an Italian restaurant. We put the napkins on our heads.

Tomorrow I will sit in the airplane so see you on saturday !

20 comments:

  1. Nice Thursday post, hope you are having a nice day! I just posted my Thursday Thirteen with a few add-ons! Please stop by my blog if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had such a good time.
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice vacation! I leave on my Cruise in 26 days! WOO HOO!

    Nice Thursday post, hope you are having a nice day! I just posted my Thursday Thirteen with a few add-ons! Please stop by my blog if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To visit those ancient places must be very breathtaking!
    How nice you found a blogging place during your holidays!
    It seems tourists behave badly all over, we should all behave the way we do at home: we don't walk around dropping garbage, do we? if one is visiting, one should show respect for the host place...but I know how the story goes.
    I think you will all remember this vacation, you make the perfect holiday team :)
    Have a safe trip home, I will be back Saturday night but I will be posting my Photo Hunt before I leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby is jealous. He's always wanted to go to Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. egypt! be still my heart!

    to walk thru those ancient places and feel the stirrings of the many who've gone before us...*sighs* i cannot imagine!

    happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous vacation!
    You look mahvalous dahlink!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Runs back in....
    Huggles....missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gattina, I particularly loved the napkins on your heads!!

    Come visit my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you, could walk in the Red Sea, without hungry sharks around. But the Russian tourists, well I did see some in Miami - they act like sharks.... LOL.

    PS. I returned Tuesday early evening: - 2 C. What a choch from 25 C in Southern Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and had lots of fun with your friends :) I read somewhere this line - better to travel alone than with bad company. So you've got good company and a nice place for your vacation- what else do you need? - more euros for shopping :) *wink-wink

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great vacation...nice hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had a good time. Of course, I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It will be good to see you back, Gattina. You have been missed!

    Still it sounds like you had a ball in Egypt. Tell me, did you leave any brokenhearted call boys behind? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwwwww, I bet the valley of the kinds was something to behold!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh I like your temporary vacation desk BETTER than my own permanent desk!!! And girrrrl! We have GOT to travel together! Anyone who will wear napkin hats DESERVES to travel with ME!!! What a hoot!!! I'm PROUD of you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I already red this post yesterday but didn't have the time to answer... I imagine this new town must be very curious to visit! after your cure of sun you will find again your kind kitties waiting their mum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, I would have loved to see Luxor and going out in that glass boat too!

    Of course, staying in a 5* place wouldn't have been wrong either.... *giggles*

    I'm glad that you've had such a great time there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so envious! I'd love to visit the Valley of the Kings some time but it would have to be in their winter because I just can't take the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad you enjoyed your holidays!
    Thanks for visiting my black panther TT. Sorry I'm this late with my return visit!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !