13 Jul 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday I felt a bit better and joined the others to play cards. I still was not feeling 100 %, we had to play inside because it was a bit too cold outside ! What a summer !

I had called my doctor, I wanted that she did a little check up. My cold could have been a Covid, but as the symptoms are the same, she made no test and said even people who were healthy if they do the test, they can be Covid infected. In fact all what I had was more psychological then psychical, and she prescribed me something to sleep better. She is a young woman and we go very well together, which is important and she took her time. She loved my room, and the view and told me that it was the most beautiful residence she had seen so far. 

On Wednesday we had a barbecue, unfortunately we had to eat in the restaurant because outside it was too cool, fortunately it didn't rain. We got little starters, a pasta salad with eggplants and olives, and on the barbecue roasted meat. The ambiance was very cheerful. Unfortunately, the severely disabled residents were also sitting in a corner, and the misfortune of some made the others laugh! There was one who screamed hysterically and without any reason. Not being used to that we almost fell off our chairs. But she did this in different intervals. One had her head falling in the soup, and food and wheeled herself always away from the table and wanted to escape. I wheeled her back and asked a nurse to clean her a bit, but a few minutes later it happened again. Otherwise there were no special incidents, and I sat with my friend Pauline at a table and enjoyed our meal.

We had planned to make a little excursion and were lucky with the weather ! Sunshine and not too warm and not too hot. We had hired two vans, but I thought they were too small for all the wheelchairs and the people who couldn't walk and had to be carried in the van. Fortunately everybody took it with humor especially one who was quite heavy and big and poor Kim had to use all his muscles to put her in the van ! And of course we all laughed the "victim" the most ! And then we arrived at destination, a beautiful new Swimming pool open for everybody ! We were offered a drink and little snacks, and ice cream and enjoyed the sunshine and the good company ! 


We were  all quite tired, and I was happy that I could walk and only had few breathing problems, but there were so many benches to sit down to get my breath back. It gave me an idea how far I can go now !

After the drink the two vans picked us up and drove us back to our castle where the supper already waited ! What a nice day !



more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. That's such a nice pic of you in the second last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been unwell again. Hope by now you're feeling better. Good that you were well enough to go on the outing though. Yes the weather is awful. It must improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photographs of you, Ingrid. It looked a pleasant day out for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the better sleep will help you feel so much better.
    Nice that you can still enjoy all the fun things indoors or out, even when the weather is uncooperative! But you sure had a wonderful outing to the new pool area! Beautiful surroundings/scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are feeling better. What nice excursions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently, the van excursion to the pool was quite a success!
    You look great, Ingrid, in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had that great excursion to the pool. Love those photos of you!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that you were able to get out and about. The day looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cards do you play? I ask only because bridge games gave my parents the confidence to move from their own home into a retirement home. They both loved their bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We play all kind of cards, easy once like "Uno" but nobody plays bridge. I don't like to play cards so for me "Uno" is nice enough !

      Delete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !