29 Mar 2017
WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE
more participants here
1. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful ?
See the picture above
2. Our culture and beauty...your thoughts?
I live in a country of"Western culture" which is the culture of European countries as well as those that have been heavily influenced by European immigration, such as the United States, Canada and Australia. Western culture comes from the Greco-Roman era. When you think how the Romans lived, with central heating, sauna and baths, while we were still running around in animal fur and wooden tools, it's just amazing !
Beauty is a vast subject. So many things can be beautiful, landscapes, nature, animals and even humans !
3. Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Why?
Age before beauty is a stupid phrase, because even age can be beautiful, it's more meant like a joke.
For me today I would need some beauty sleep, although even if I wake up after a good night with a good deep sleep, it doesn't change my face the wrinkles are still there ! So I don't believe in beauty sleeps !
4. I read here a list of the top ten beasts animals that scare us the most-
alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider.
I am only scared and disgusted when I see a black widow spider or bed bugs! Then I brake the speed record !
Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? What is the liklihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed?
Without any doubt the black widow spider, or all spiders, from tiny to very big ! I don't know from where this fear or disgust comes, because I never had a bad experience with a spider, but just the view of them makes me run !
5. Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? Was it alarming or musical?
Yesterday at a friend's the door bell was ringing making ding dong !
6. What's your favorite carb? How's that for random?
I eat a lot of apples each day at least 4
7. Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH.
Exactly what I felt !
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I don't know what to think today I am a bit floating around, I lost my friend Charlie the dog, yesterday evening, he had to be put asleep. Although it wasn't my dog, I loved him and he loved me.