13 Feb 2023

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND FEBRUARY 12


 It rained outside !
 
 
 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS


*********

WEEKEND

I felt a little bit better, at least I could breathe normally again. So I decided not to go out yet, but to lie on the sofa in front of the TV or work on the computer. I even managed to go to my neighbor to ask if there was any mail. 

Otherwise, a few people called me and I called my ex-neighbor, with whom I actually had little or no contact when we lived in our house. But I had heard that her husband had also died shortly before Christmas.  Shared suffering binds  together. So we decided to meet, when I come back from France (if I can go).  Shared sorrow is better to endure. 

So the day went by and I started to be optimistic to go on my trip, Even if I have to stay in the hotel or in a cafĂ© it's still better then staying here and getting crazy !   


I have to distract myself otherwise I think too much about the good times of the past.

On Sunday the day was identical, I managed to put the laundry in the wardrobes, and left out what I would need for my travel to France, which I put directly in my suitcase. I don't need very much as I am only 4 days away.

Rosie was happy that I sat always on the same place so she could do her 23 sleeping hours marathon without or only two interruptions.

 

On Sundays a French channel has a show on TV that shows wild animals and then various animal shelters where you can adopt dogs and cats or rabbits and guinea pigs. And this time there was a little pig too ! That would be something for me! It behaved better than some dogs and was very intelligent. 

When the young girl went with the pig, into a restaurant hwearing a beautiful coat, the restaurants couldn't say anything, since it wasn't a dog! But the little pig behaved better than some people.

This was my weekend. Please wish me luck that I can go to France, to the city of Metz, where my mother was born in 1918 when Lorringen was still German, and my grandfather worked there as station master. I will try to find the station !!

 

The station of Metz in 1918



7 comments:

  1. That's interesting on two counts about your grandfather. Metz was German but is now French. There should be online records now of former station masters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you manage to find the station. It's interesting how 'ownership' of places changes. Calais once belonged to England!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww on the pup and Rosie. They do sleep a lot don't they. Wonder what they do all night long.

    Love the pig. Went out to eat and one of the customers had a pig in the restaurant. A very well behaved pig too. We all loved loving on her.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better and I do hope you can go on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact that the pig wasn't a dog made me laugh! Take care Gattina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pig is cute.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !