21 Oct 2021

HODGEPODGE OCTOBER 21

1. Do you (or did you used to) watch talk shows? Which are or were your favorite? 

Maybe  in the past, but I really can't remember !

2. Would you describe yourself as resilient? If so what do you think makes you that way? If you answered no explain why? 

Yes I certainly am ! I faced some difficult situations since my childhood which gave me the strength to be resilient. I am also a fighter when I see that I am right and if I did something  accidentally  wrong, I will stand by it and explain why and do not hide to avoid discussions. I am not resentful either. This is for weak people who have little self-esteem.

3. What parts of life have surprised you the most? Explain. 

When I look back on my past today, I have to think that I lived a rather adventurous life. I've done things that I would never dare to do today. For example, to take a plane in 1964, which was something very unusual at the time, and to fly to Sicily without the address of my hosts in my pocket. That's only an example.

4. Why do you live where you live? 

Without any doubt because it was a little country town or a big village. We both were city people and wanted to have the peace of the country with farmers and cows and sheep after a stressful day. We discovered Waterloo and fell in love. Today the farmers are gone, the cows too Waterloo has become a city with supermarkets and we don't have to go to Brussels anymore for shopping !  But we had our best years here and even a cow in the living room ! There was no fence in the beginning.

5. A memory from this week that made you smile? 

That's a difficult question, for the moment I don't have a lot to make me smile, besides my cat maybe or a visit to Mr. G and talking with the residents. 

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

I have read a quote which summerize my random thougthts

There are no bad people, there are only suffering people who have no other means than to hurt others to deal with their own suffering.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Have you written about the cow in your living room? I can't remember that.

    The quote is well worth thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I greatly agree with the quote - no bad people, but suffering ones for whom hurting others is the only way to deal with their own suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes our suburb has changed from an undeveloped bushland to a thriving, busy outer city suburb

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cow in the living room would be quite an event! Down the street from us, there are cows, but somehow I don't think they go into their owner's house!One time here, one of the local businesses had a deer in their shop! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !