23 Aug 2019

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

I started the week with a miracle ! I won the Scrabble game for the first time ! I mostly had been the last one ! As usual we had a lot of fun.

I am so fed up with our furniture which I look at since 50 years !! Nicole gave me a good idea  to paint some pieces white. That's what I did, it had been brown, now it is white and looks far better.



That's a start ! Now I will paint another one and then get rid of this TV furniture, which nobody wants because today's TV screens are too big. Even free, no one has answered on my advertising !

Our little group of 6 were invited to a Moroccan afternoon with a little snack, which finally lasted until 9 pm, and I still wonder what a normal meal would be if this is considered as "a little snack" !




Khadija had prepared all these goodies herself. What a work ! In the first row are the starters and the main plate. Last row the deserts and the tea which was served the Moroccan way.



Usually I never drink mint tea, I even hate the taste, but here I tried, it had a very special taste as she had added clove powder and orange extract ! It tasted delicious.



But before we started the tea ceremony she let us choose a Caftan which we put on and we found ourselves very pretty ! It is so interesting to exchange different cultures and traditions. She doesn't wear a scarf btw and is Belgian since more then 20 years and has managed to put two cultures together in full harmony.



In our painting class (officially still closed for school holidays until September 1st) we continued with our pouring ! It looked like a Kindergarten and we behaved as such, what fun to mix colours  together and pour them on a canvas ! You never know the result !





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. Another fun week for you. Congratulations on the scrabble and that definitely wasn't a snack! But what a nice way to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gattina in a caftan. So funny. Yeah, brown furniture is out, but our lounge furniture is timber, but only light coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning the scrabble. I would describe that as a Moroccan feast rather than a snack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the game! YAY!!!

    I LOVE white for accent pieces of furniture. I have to touch up my dining room Shaker country chairs. They're a bit outdated (think 1990s) but i LOVE LOVE LOVE Them and they go with my country theme so...i'm keeping em. They just need a fresh coat of paint which i will do sometime this autumn.

    That meal looks amazing! the tea sounds good too!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning Scrabble! Your painted furniture looks nice! I need to paint my dresser, but I have been stuck on what color and whether that would mean needing to paint the other furniture in there as well. The Moroccan afternoon sounds like such a fun way to get to know another culture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope to see some of your painting from your class.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Morrocan tea party looks fun and delicious! I love mint tea but have never had orange and clove powder added. Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !