10 Apr 2011

I FORGOT WHAT I FORGOT !

The last weeks I am so distracted that I forget everything. I don't know if it has something to do with spring or age ! I forget where I put my glasses, my keys and lately even the remote control of the garage door. Easter is only in two weeks but I am celebrating Easter the whole year. I am not looking for colored or chocolate eggs like the kids, no I look for other things like my mobile phone, which I finally found in a trouser pocket in the laundry. Fortunately you can call yourself and follow the ringing. With glasses it is different especially when you are shortsighted, because you don't see anything.

Usually I always find my things after a while and in quiet strange places. The remote control for example I found in the box of my car door, where I usually put it, but it was hidden under a bottle of water. I prefered to look under the seats and under the carpets, it never came to my mind that it might be at the right place. My little camera is also a disaster, each time I want to take a real nice and funny picture of cat Arthur in his special poses, I don't find it. Even doing logical thinking where I had used it the last time, doesn't help, because I also had forgotten when I used it the last time.

After my shower I used a body cream as usual, but found it a little liquid and it also had another smell. Looking at the label, I realized that I had used the liquid soap instead of my body cream. Result I had to take another shower to get the soap off ! I swear, now I am more than clean !

The worst thing is that I also forgot about what I wanted to write today ! I had a real good (at least in my opinion) subject in my mind but it must be hidden somewhere in a corner of my brain and probably comes back when I just have clicked on "Publish Post".



Apparently it is not a question of age !!



8 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Oh I always put things where I can find them and then spend a month looking for them. lol
unbelievable lol

diane b said...

I'm so glad other people have this problem and its not just me. You had me LOL.

Mara said...

I once used body lotion to wash my hair with! Not a good idea...

Loree said...

LOL. I tend to forget things too. I think we all do but sometimes it is worse than others.

jabblog said...

It sounds as though you need a break:-)

Linens and Royals said...

I always put things away in a safe place. Now if I can just remember where that safe place is I might find the T.V remote control.

Jenny said...

Love the cartoons! You must be about my age!

Pamela said...

I think we all do this. The difference between forgetfullness and dementia is that those with dementia don't remember what they are looking for - and go on to something else because they even forgot they were looking.