13 Dec 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN




You probably have met some blogging cats during your walks through Blogville. They really exist ! There are cats here in Blogworld who have their own blog and write about their lives with their humans. They sometimes have a very own language which is hard to understand for me, since a dictionary "cat english" doesn't exist yet. The blogging cats also have special names to call the humans they live with. Here are 13 examples !

1. Mom & Dad (about 80 % of the cats have forgotten their birth parents and call humans now mom and dad)

2. Can opener (very logical)

3. The Big Thing (from a cat view, yes)

4. Beans, Mom bean, Baby bean etc (A mistery to me why beans ? I even looked it up in Wikipedia and only found this explanation : Beans are one of the longest-cultivated plants, broad beans having been grown at least since ancient Egypt, the common bean for six thousand years in the Americas)

5. my servants (logic)

6. my staff (fully agree)

7. The food lady (right)

8. OTW- Opposable Thumb Wench. (no comment)

9. Mrs Nice (would fit on me)

10. My butler (posh !)

11. My humans (that can't be denied)

12. Milady (very posh !)

13. And to give you an example of the cat language : "U wook vewy cyoot in ur santy paws owtfyt! (mommie finawy splaind da chrissymas ting to me) Maybeee ur mommie culd use sum matchink yarns to help wit da bewwy stwap. Den no wun notyce it dunnot fits ryt. Hopes u gots yummi tweets fur ur ferst modling jobbie!" (My excuses to the concerned cat, I stole it from her blog !)

I only wonder why all cats speaking cat language apparently have no teeth ! They say fankyou, and fink about a fing.
Fortunately my cats are too lazy to use their paws on a keyboard for typing (for walking on it, yes) and I have to tell their stories.







22 comments:

  1. Beans! Human beans! Human beings! I get it! I love the link to your cat stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever forgetfulone! now I know another word in cat language, lol! I sometimes visit those blogs but it has to be a very short post, otherwise I don't get it.
    Love the list, very informative for us "beans".
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last cartoon is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha Us beans, very funny post
    love the cartoons...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... I see forgetful one already clued you in about Human Beans/Beings - so I don't need to! I had a very LONG detailed explanation all ready in my head though! :) I am SORRRRRRY I missed your compiled news yesterday... I missed nearly everyone's blog yesterday -- as I will again today! So consider yourself the LUCKY ONE! Yours is the ONLY I have visited today!!! Now I'm off to the bus! Seeeeeeya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cartoons are a nice addition to your wonderful post about the minds of cats! What fun. Thanks.

    P.S. I didn't know about the Epiphany witch. Thanks for teaching me something!
    Writing in Faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny post. I don't "get" the whole cat writing thing, but to each his own.
    Happy tt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah.. I got the human beans.

    I've hardly time for my own blogging, much less my cat (The Contessa)

    She doesn't have a speech impediment, so you would be able to understand her easily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having two cats in our household...I could relate to the names that cats call us. Loved the cartoons too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny G! The can opener is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL- great list!! I have two Bengals, they are more demanding than the typical house cats. I am glad I have them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very funny~! Yup cats are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I like "My Servants". I think that's what most cats really think :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every cat I've ever owned has called me Wawa! I have no idea what Wawa means, but it's obviously my cat name. Great, fun list, BTW. Happy TT!

    My TT is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can opener....LOLOLOL

    Happy TT
    Vix
    http://vixensden.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Those were great! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Alors là! C'est un billet réservé aux chats anglophones! les miens ne font pas partis des initiés, quoique! ils commencent déjà à imiter leur confrères américains qui ont toujours un temps d'avance! Je me lève du canapé tel un zombi! Je crois que je vais prendre la direction du dodo! peut être un petit tour chez Lifecruiser!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beyond "Mama" I'm not sure Caligula the cat has any names for me. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post Gattina. I love all the cartoons too. Especially the can opener one. Have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hee hee---I love it. MY cats use PERFECT English, but they make me do all the typing.

    Love the photos and the gorgeous christmas theme! thanks for visiting mine. The Flatland Almanack --Damozel (adorable animals behaving oddly)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been thinking about doing that, but you beat me. ;-) Great list!
    Thanks for visiting my best wishes TT. I didn't include French, Spanish and Italian because evrybody already knows those! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !