23 Dec 2007

COMPILED NEWS


As on tuesday it is Christmas I thought I better update you on very important news today !




It took four days for the Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward to name their son before eventually settling on James Alexander Philip Theo. It might have felt like a long time, but there's a lot to consider when naming a royal baby. What only four days ?? Then mine must be an imperial baby because it took us 9 months !


Prince Charles gets his hands on a tattooed lady
THE Duchess of Cornwall was quick to get to the bottom of what was going on between her husband and a tattooed lady. Poor lady ! I hope she pressed charges for sexual harrassement !





Monaco royals delight kids with gift-giving treat
A group of lucky children in Monaco had an unforgettable holiday experience when Santa Claus dropped into the royal palace to make his deliveries. I wonder if one of the children was from the Prince himself ?? He already has some little princes and princesses walking around of cours not officially.



Princess Margriet (Netherlands) the sister of Queen Beatrix wishes to be buried in nature
Princess Margriet and her husband Pieter van Vollenhoven will not be interred in the royal family crypt in Delft when they die but buried 'in nature' close to their home in Apeldoorn, Van Vollenhoven tells the KRO magazine. I can understand that, watching daisies from above your coffin is much more amusing then looking at stones !




Baby love: Britney Spears buys gifts for her pregnant teen sister
Britney Spears may have been the last in her family to know about her sister Jamie Lynn's pregnancy, but she appears to be embracing her impending role as an aunt.The troubled pop star, rugged up in tracksuit pants and a fur hooded jacket, spent the afternoon buying baby clothes in LA. That doesn't help her either and the sister with 16 becomes mother ! Now I really wonder about their mother having raised two crazy daughters. Must be a strange specimen.




Girlfriend of Man United 'rape claim' star: 'I'm standing by my man'
The girlfriend of the Manchester United player at the centre of rape allegations was standing by him. Student Kate Wathall, 20, said she did not believe that Jonny Evans attacked a woman at the club's sleazy Christmas party. When I look at this angel face I can hardly believe it either ! But in many angels is a hidden devil.



Boy, 9, banned from school Christmas party - 'because he didn't believe in Jesus'
Teachers banned a nine-year-old boy from his class Christmas party because his parents had barred him from RE lessons.Douglas Stewart was forced to stay at home while his friends received presents from Santa and tucked into ice cream and jelly. What ?? they are more religious then Jesus himself ! These frustrated church fanatics ! I would have done the same as these parents ! Such teachers are certainly not able to teach about christianity.


British holidaymaker plunges to his death after sleepwalking off Majorca hotel balcony
A holidaymaker fell to his death from a hotel sixth-floor balcony as he was sleepwalking. That's why I never fall asleep on a balcony !


Families urged to eat ice cream rather than Christmas pudding to save the planet
Families should give up Christmas pudding to help save the planet, Government advisers said yesterday.They suggested that rather than serving up a dessert that often goes to waste, cooks should reheat whatever leftover mincemeat they have to hand and serve it with ice cream. It could be returned to the freezer, again cutting waste. I think I refrain from saving the planet !

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine anyone refusing a kid entrance to a Christmas party...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wake up now after a white night with 35 teenagers at home when they had to be only 10! It was the last time sure! I drove them at home by their parents in the night!
    Just hope my daughters never become like Brithney! And the poor kid who can't participe at the christmas party! Integrists are everywhere!
    Je survis après cet effroyable cauchemar et tout ça pour récupérérer le coeur d'un stupide teenager! Sans parler de Pierre qui le pauvre a dû tout supporter aussi! Ce matin il a dit d'un ton solennel:" c'était la dernière, plus jamais!" Faite des gosses qui disaient... qui a dit ça que je lui torde le cou!
    Vive Amsterdam! Tu as beaucoup de chance! Profite pour faire une visite de la ville! J'espère en tout cas que le cadeau de la girlfriend sera apprécié! Il faut que Mélissa en fasse un à son p'tit copain donc c'est moi qui vais banquer! En tout cas c'est le geste qui compte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such a wonderful edition this week. I have not been able to sleep worrying about what Edward and Sophie called their son. Now I can sleep! LOL
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just way too sad to hear about the boy being banned because of his beliefs...this world is a sad place. :o(

    9 months to name your baby? Wow....he IS royal. [maybe at times when a child, a royal pain?! Just kidding]

    Happy Sunday...I have a special gift listed today on my blog...from Denmark!!!

    [by the way, would you reveal your real first name? If you don't feel comfortable about it, that's okay too ---is it Gretchen? You could have a multiple choice of first names with yours included, and we can guess?]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll email you after the holidays...I know you're very busy as I am. I really would like to know just who is behind the Gattina mask. LOL

    AND I know some German, and I always thought that Mutter was mother in German. LOL :sigh: I learn new things every day. I was told that Mutti in German is 'mum' as in the flower. Well, wait, I guess "Mum" IS mom in England.

    Have a safe wonderful trip to Amsterdam and enjoy your holidays Gattina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear you and your lovely family inlc the 5 Cats:

    Just want to say: Riktig God Jul - Merry Christmas - Felize Navidad - Joyeux Nöel - Gute Weinachten

    You have given so much fun, pleasure and interesting stories during 2007 - I'm grateful

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !