5 Jul 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN

Pookie too knows good quotes !


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
100 edition of TT


13. QUOTES FROM EINSTEIN



1."You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

2. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

3. "When you sit with a nice girl for two hours you think it's only a minute. But when you sit on a hot stove for a minute you think it's two hours. That's relativity."

4. "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."

5. "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."

6. "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

7. "If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"

8. "Don't be modest. You are not good enough to be modest."

9. "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

10. "Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love."

11. "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"

12. "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

13. "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

29 comments:

  1. I love reading quotes - especially from Einstein. :)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote with (your?) the cat, just love it!!
    What a great list, and there is NO limits for some stupidity... I know this!!
    Our list is up if you want to stop by for a look see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cluttered desk empty desk thing is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I was laughing out loud from the very first one.

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great quotes. My favorites are #s: 2, 4, 5,6 (so true), 13.
    Thanks for the visit and Happy 100th Thursday Thirteen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust Einstein to hit the nail right on the head with regards to the human race!

    BTW, I named one my house geckos Einstein. The other was Newton.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was a genius. I guess his only limitation was that he was human and he had to leave!
    Very clever choice for the 100th edition!!!
    Nun, komm nach Marseille in a week *wink*!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOps, that was a living proof it is too early and my brain isn't sorting out words properly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Einstein was an incredible genius! Those are terrific quotes from him. :) My favourite Einstein quote is the following: "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious"

    ReplyDelete
  10. #10 is absolutely true!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo Gattina! Que des vérités! Et pourtant Einstein avait bien prévenu les américains sur les effets dévastateurs de la bombe atomique! ils l'ont testé dans le désert du Mexique. L'horreur de ce qu'ils ont vu ne les a pas empêché d'en envoyer 2 sur le Japon!
    La stupidité est bien infinie quand on pense qu'aujourd'hui des gens continuent de mourir à cause de ça!
    Aujourd'hui je me suis levée un peu plus tard! Les soldes m'ont épuisé hier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, i just love these. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love quotes and Einstein is the man to say them!

    My list is about handfasting this week, but for my feline friends pawfasting will work too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are the best quotes! Einstein was truly a worsmith in his time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how wonderful! Thank you for compiling these for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello...hello, hello!! I'm not playing the thirteen this week, been busy redesigning my blog template for 'after the holiday'---

    Anyway, ya that's so true. We are getting webbed feet lately, the both of us. And!!! I love #3.

    Happy Thursday Gattina.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite´s #2 - I see myself confrontated with this one daily. No, not in the Blogosphere, but in 3D-life. Go shopping in Germany and you´ll see ;)

    Haha... musste grinsen als ich das T13 Geburtstagsbildchen gesehen hab. Hab´s auch fast vergessen, aber google reader hat mich erinnert.

    Happy 100th T13!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I'm so sorry I missed this T13 but no time today other than the post I've put up now!

    I hope it has stopped raining by now for you. We've had sun today, but they promise rain to come! And it feels like it in the winds, it's a bit chillier than earlier.

    Come over and see how we live now...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, Gattina! Do you think people treasured Einstein for the brilliant, wise man he was when he was alive?

    Wonderful, wonderful quotes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love #7 best. So true, so true!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've heard the Einstein biography is very good...but REALLLLLLYYYYY long...so I'm going to figure I got what I needed from your TT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL!!! #2 was my favorite, man was he brilliant, but then genius borders on crazy!

    Happy TT and thanks for dropping by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love you list. Especially, number 6 & 7.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wasn't he a DOLL? I just LOVED him! What a character!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those are fabulous. I will have to share some of those.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !