17 Apr 2020

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

As I had forgotten that it was Easter I hadn't sent a little gift to grandson Toby ! So I spent Easter Monday looking for the book he asked for a ...... guess what ? Harry Potter !! I ordered  two and had them sent to Amsterdam where he got them two days later. They were very thick, he showed me them on Whatsapp and then we had a little chat and he showed me all the Easter eggs he had collected in the living room, as outside it was too cold the temperature had dropped again. I told him to also watch the movie, but he wanted first to read the book.

His father at the same age hated reading and for us two bookworms it was quite a disappointment, we tried with all kind of books, but he preferred to play outside and sport. Now we have our bookworm, one generation later !

Each morning I have to look on the calender to see what day we are if I would go out or not. It was real cool although the sun was shining and we met at Nicole's



These beautiful Japanese cherry trees are in her street and were in full bloom



Little Isis to entertain us made excerises on her cat tree, while we had our Yoga laughing class,  we laughed a lot and it was good for us. The hairdressers are still closed, so Nicole cut my hair in the neck, which was already funny.

For the first time as long as I live in Belgium I am interested in politics, not really politics but more the politicians. We were without government again since beginning February because as usual the Flemish and the Waloons couldn't agree on a party or whatever it was they are like roosters in competition. Comes a young unknown women  48 years old, mother of 4 children and married to an Australian and what happened, she succeeded where all men failed she formed a government and she is now our Prime Minister. With her we are in good hands to handle the Coronacrisis.




She handles the problems with feeling and intelligence and released a bit the rules now, the elderly living alone are allowed to have a visitor, and the garden centers and DIY shops will open in two days. That will keep men busy who have to stay home and ran out of material, to buy stuff for their garden or for the house.

Mr. G. of doing nothing but wandering from Computer to TV, suddenly suffered from dizziness and could hardly walk. I led him to his bed where he fell asleep woke up for supper and went to bed again and slept for 30 hours !! He even broke cat Rosie's record of 23 h a day. It must be the confinement and the fact that he doesn't move enough, now I force him to do some gymnastic and chase him around the table ! Fortunately it's finished now !



Selfies of future bank robbers, two are missing


Nicole cheated !

My friends are busy with sewing masks, as there are not enough, Mr. G of course found them in "his" pharmacy and got 10, five for me and five for him. My friends sew  for their children who although in a certain age can't sew (like me), one even sew for the whole family and friends of the families and friends of friends, and made at least 20 if not more, but she likes to do it and it keeps her busy.

Another almost 3 weeks of lockdown, I can't even sort out clothes or things I don't want anymore, because then they would sit here in bags and cartons because I can't throw them away. So I leave everything like it is and wait until the moving and cleaning companies open again.









more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.




8 comments:

  1. Now I am beginning to know the feeling of the isolation as we have been home long enough to get caught up from the roadtrip home. Of course I saw and talked to nobody in person but except Bill on the trip home, but we had different things to look at and it was interesting. We can still walk outside .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - just stopping by to wish you well from Bangkok - Hope Mr G is recovering let him know I would love to sleep for that long. I have enjoyed seeing what life in Belgium is like, I'm impressed with your new PM and like the Aussie connection. We wish her well, we all need our politicians to be awesome I wouldn't like their life would you?
    Take care
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Mr G is feeling better. Glad you managed to get the books for Toby my own Grandchildren have enjoyed the Harry Potter books. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Mr. G. is doing better. I've made masks for most of our family--I have two more to do. My husband is the only one going out, but he thinks we may need to wear them for a while after the quarantine is lifted. I've pulled out some clothes I want to give away but I need to check and see if the donation spot is open. I may put them in the back of my car since I am not going anywhere. :-) Wow, that's unusual how the Prime Minister came about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your hubby is feeling better. That was a lot of sleeping! Yes it's hard to prepare to move with no way of disposing of stuff. My kids loved the Harry Potter books. Yes it's good that Toby likes reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Zealand with PM Ardern
    Denmark with PM Frederiksen
    Of course, long time Chancellor Merkel in Germany
    Now Belgium with PM Wilmes.
    The world is looking like a better place.

    I hope Mr G is really ok. Sleeping for such a long time is not normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cherry trees and the attempt by Isis to entertain. The new PM looks promising. I am a lifelong bookworm and the libraries are shut but the hairdresser is still open so next week I will have a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. look like Miss Iris got the yoga down

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !