13 Jul 2012
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
1. I went over to Dominique to help her sorting out our photos from Tunisia and explained the function of Picasa, to crop, to lighten etc. This took us nearly the whole afternoon.
She also had bought two canaries, to replace the poor little grey birds, cat Arthur had scared to death and one probably landed in his stomac ! This time there is no worker in the house and Mr. G. will lock the door to the guest room where they spent their holidays when Dominique is away. She can't keep them in her house, because she closes all stores and put on her alarm.
2. What else to do on rainy days, I got a bunch of photos from my grandson Toby, which my son had sent me. I cropped them for a collage and made two.
Now I don't know which one to choose to put in a frame, I am not a photo frame fan, and don't like to put photos everywhere in the house, especially when people are still alive ! But of course our visitors want to see Toby, so he is an exception. Which one would you choose for a frame ?
3. It continued to rain therefore I thought I have to put some order in my papers and also in my wardrobe, because it's always a mess in there, after a few weeks. I can't keep my T-shirts, pullovers, etc in order for a long time !
4. Impossible to mow the lawn, because of the rain, it's now 10 days that we have cold weather and rain. As the sun comes out from time to time, the garden quickly becomes a jungle ! I needed to go out so I took the bus to Brussels, as I am retired I can ride for free, made a little tour in a store and a gallery, to escape the showers, and then returned back home. There was nothing special to buy, but at least I had done a little walk.
5. We had our last painting class, now we are on holidays until September on the contrary of "normal" students we are not happy at all, as we are on holidays the whole year !
After school I met an old friend I hadn't seen for a long time, we went together to Art School and we had lunch together.
Then I went to "my" Indian shop to buy my nightcream, and of course I couldn't resist to buy this necklace, which fits so nicely to my new blouse. I always tell me that I am doing a good action as the money goes to an Indian village school. All excuses are good !