5 Oct 2018

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

When your car is four years old you have to go to the car inspection each year. As mine is five (seams to me as if I bought it yesterday) it was the second time I had to go there. To be sure that everything was OK I first had it checked in a garage. Each year a complete check up costs a bit more ! But at least I had no problems at the car inspection and I got a certificate that my car is OK for another year.

That's also an income for the state of course. Between taxes to drive the car, and the car inspection that's a good income considering the amount of cars which are driving on the street.

Nicole had come with me and afterwards we went to a Shopping center where we walked a bit around as outside it was raining, had a coffee with a piece of cake and returned home.

The weather was warm the next day and we could play scrabble outside on the terrace. Each time we think it will be the last time, but no, it's still not.

After aqua gym I went "sofa" hunting. I am still looking for 2 leather sofas but haven't found a model  which I like and when the color is OK then it has no recliner. At least one per sofa. But I am not in a hurry I have time to look for the right one.




Nicole had bought a cat tree and we both tried to put it together for little Isis, unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, but the thing wasn't ready yet, when I went home.




Half of our class wanted to try out "Acrylic paint pouring" which we had learned last time. We had bought all the stuff we needed. Below you see my "master piece" I used a painting I didn't like, mixed black, yellow, red and Acryl glue together in a cup put the canvas over the cup and then turned it over. After a while I lifted the cup and the mixed painting flowed over the canvas (as above) and the result was quite nice, the funny thing of this kind of procedure is, that you never know what is coming out.

The others continued their oil or pastel painting, of landscapes, or animals while we looked like witches in a kitchen doing their secret mixtures !

and another week is over ! 





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like another busy week.
    I have had several cat trees over the years and they were hardly ever used. Here in Northern Ireland, Oswin found the doormat to be perfect to sharpen her claws on, so I didn't have to buy a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Isis looks much too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the weather continued to be agreeable so that your Scrabble group could meet.
    Love the abstract painting idea. And it would be fun to discover what it looks like in the end. Your's turned out nicely.
    So glad your car is all set for another year.
    Good luck on the sofa shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you can still enjoy scrabble outside, long may that last. I was inspired to have a go at the abstract technique of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here the inspections vary state by state. Our state does not require one, but the state some states have very strict ones, particularly in relation to their emissions. I guess it makes sense that more densely populated areas might have to watch that more.

    We were like that when we got our sofas earlier this year - we needed them soon, but were in no real hurry, so we got to look around and find just what we wanted at a fair price. Hope you find just the right furniture soon!

    How fun to experiment with different paint techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't believe you've had your car five years already. Another busy week over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our cars are tested after 3 years. Ours has had many tests now including a recent one. It's always a relief when it passes. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a busy week for you. I'm glad your car passed all the tests and that you have contributed well to the furtherance of Belgium's economy. :)
    You always find the best places for coffee and cake!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !