8 Jul 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND JULY 6





 
 
These are little cats out of my cat collection from over 500 figurines ! When I moved I had to sort out what to keep and what to sell ! Difficult to choose !
 
 
 
    

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

 *******  

During the night of Saturday I woke up and didn't feel well as if I had caught a cold. I took a Paracetamol which was good for cold, flew and even Covid ! When I got up  and had my Breakfast I took another one and decided to stay in my room, and rest. My son called me to inform me that he has the Covid ! I  answered him that it didn't exist anymore and anyway, with the vaccinations we got (I had 4) the symptoms are the same as a cold and so are the medications. Only the people who take a test know whether they have a cold or the Covid. I had completely forgotten about Covid and would never have thought of taking a test. Here in my castle no one was walking around with a mask and I didn't hear that anyone had Covid either. As he was offended that I didn't believe him, I thought he must have Covid, I just have a cold! Anyway the result was the same, we were both sick!

I watched TV, read old posts from 2009 of my Blog, and realized that many Bloggers gave up or passed away.  Of course 15 years are a lot ! There were so many things I had completely forgotten !

On Sunday morning I felt a bit better but still not 100 % and as it is very windy and only 17° I decided to do the same as yesterday. I prepared my post, got the visit of Pauline who brought me little tomatoes from her daughter's garden 

In the afternoon it took me some time to fill out a form to make an appointment !  Just a date and and hour they couldn't make it any more complicated, luckily I was used to it ! That's the administration ! Probably something like that happened to a resident's friend who needed a new identity card and got a confirmation that now she is officially dead ! The poor woman wanted to go to France on holidays, and needed her card,  but it took quite some time to get her alive again and she got a new card.

I still wonder when summer dares to arrive ! I am dressed for going to the North pole !

Rosie continues her winter sleep in July !


 


7 comments:

  1. I am joining you in the 'I have a cold' department...and my sister has confirmed COVID...I tested negative...I didn't get sick from my sister, though, she lives 320 miles away form us, LOL!

    I hope you and your son feel a lot better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with beautiful books, inherited from my mother and collected myself since university days.
    Now I would keep them and give them away to people I have to buy presents for in any case eg weddings, birthdays.

    So what did you do with your left over treasures - keep, sell, exchange or put out on the front nature strip for the neighbours to help themselves? Is there a market for cat figurines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I had to empty the house, my son camped in the living and took all things which he wanted to keep. All the rest I had given to a company who emptied houses. I had not the strength to sort out and sell etc. Then I moved into the apartment stayed there 3 years and had to empty that again I just kept the cats, gave a few away to friends, the rest is here in my "castle" and two boxes in a friend's basement. All other things the company emptied and the things I wanted to take with me to the retirement home, he moved first. Was all well done. Now I don't have the originals from books and other memories in real but everything on USB sticks. Anyway as my aunt always said, the last shirt has no pockets !

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you are not cold inside your castle. You should plan a winter holiday to the place you love going to in Egypt. Some travel, warmth in your winter and something to look forward to might help your health...but make sure you can cancel it at no cost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a lot of Covid around. I hope you will soon be feeling better. The weather is so unreliable and changeable that it's better to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the cats. Beautiful.

    I'm sorry you're sick and I hope you get well soon. I hate being sick.

    I hope summer arrives for you too, Gattina. I hate being cold.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to precious Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of a few people with covid recently. It is cold here and I have to make a big effort to go out.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !