28 Sept 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

On Monday it was not cold but it rained so I remained in my room and worked with my computer. In the afternoon we had our activities, still the competition with other retirement homes, games I don't like very much because they are a little too childish rather made for toddlers. But our animators had no choice they had to follow the others. I wished I could meet the person who has made up this program, I think he or she should think how they would react when they reach the 70, 80 or 90 and their head is still as clear as ever.

This time we should put our hands in a bag and define what was in it. I felt the thing and thought of a lamplighter and that was correct. The others chatted together while I was occupied and that was how it was every day. Fortunately this contest is over now ! 

I have bought a weather station and was proud that I could set it, the only thing I couldn't find was the wireless connection to the outside station. 

But there is always a helping hand and the son of a resident came and fixed the connection now it is working very well. It's easy to see the outside temperature so I know how to dress, as with our up and down temperature weather it's a difficult task to find an appropriate cloth ! 

One morning while I was sleeping like a baby, I was woken up to take a blood sample. I wasn't fully awake yet but still found it strange since I had already given a blood test a month ago. It was the nurse who I call the dragon because she just walks into the rooms like an oaf. 
 
After she had stabbed me in the arm several times and still no blood came out, she suddenly disappeared but told me that I shouldn't eat anything. Now I had enough, I got up, tore the door open and asked the dragon, who looked at me in shock, what was actually going on, whereupon she told me ’’nothing’’, I could eat breakfast, everything was fine. Nothing was okay, I wanted an explanation which I got later from her boss, she had mixed up the rooms ! Luckily it ended up with me and not with someone who was helpless. Of course they apologized.
 
 

The week ended very cheerful, the bar was opened ! It was closed all summer and visitors had to get their drinks from a vending machine. Now that you're more in the mood for a coffee, the bar opens! But after all, it was associated with a happy party and the employees made a little show and there was dancing again and we formed a farandole to get to the bar. It was a very successful celebration! 
 

That gives you an idea of our nurses (except my "Dragon") she wasn't there !




 

more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to see how some people disrespect us as we grow older. I have a doctor like that. I worked in the medical field for 35 years and I feel like I know more than she does. Looking down on people due to their age is just utterly wrong. As long as I can advocate for myself, I speak my mind. I am glad you found someone who helped you with your weather station. I do not have good tech skills. Our older son helps us. I worked with research doctors who were trying to save lives not end them. They were a great bunch and always respectful to us, the office secretaries. Our weather has not changed much except for the darkness that sets in early now. We have some high temps early this week and it has been in 70 and 80's too. I look forward to cooler weather but not the snow. Not yet please. I hope you have a great weekend. I enjoy your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice of your neighbor's son to come and help you figure out the little problems with electronics.
    I'm sorry you had to deal with the Dragon. That was a dangerous problem!
    Happy Autumn to you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !