17 Aug 2024

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with a terrible heat, impossible to play a game together outside. So they gathered all in our air conditioned restaurant. I don't know what I had, but after 10 min I had to go outside, I thought I would suffocate. I went outside, and looked for a chair in the huge park under a tree, in the shade where it was a little windy. There the heat was bearable and the air smelled so nice. A little later a few others came to join me.

The next day it was a bit cooler so we were all outside, or nearly because a part of us had gone with the animators to the cinema.

I didn't go, I wasn't interested in the film and it was also too expensive, because they had to rent a bus because of the wheelchairs. The cinema was also a huge thing in the neighboring town, and not in our cozy cinema in Waterloo. 

The next day we waited in vain for our animators - they had disappeared. Finally I called and they told me that they were both sick, but we hadn't been notified. I thought that's what happens when you go to such a huge cinema. The next day there was a Covid alert. I still don't understand why  test someone with a cold for Covid. We have all been vaccinated 3 or 4 times. So everyone had to eat in their room, which didn't bother me at all since I always eat in my room. But it was a mess amongst the personnel, and I tried to help a bit, at least that way we had our coffee and cookies on the terrace ! I just went into the kitchen and asked. 

But then we all should stay in our rooms, that's ridiculous, with this huge park outside ? After lunch I sat in the park like I had done the day before and enjoyed the good air it smelled lovely. Little by little the others came too and we finally sat on the terrace with visitors and had a nice afternoon. 

I had to go for a check up to my lung doctor, and the result was good, my general condition had improved and so had my breathing. Now I have to take the medication again that I had been taking for a long time.

My son sent me pictures of his vacation on Lake Garda, this time in the south and not in the north where his Dad is from. I got a little homesick and thought of all the holidays I and Rick had spent at this lake with at that time little Dario ! Now it's him who still loves to go to "our" lake with his family. 

Son and family 

For the first time in my life I will stay at home, I think it is better for me, because with all the troubles you could have with strikes, climate, and being stuck in an airport or my train will be cancelled, I have not the nerves going through that ! I am better here to lick my wounds and become completely healthy !

There are so many places to just sit or even lay down, without seeing a human being, but only birds and cats !

Rosie agrees with me, she even left her basket and slept on a cushion besides me on the sofa ! 





more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful lawns...i'd be outdoors all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am doing when the weather is nice which is not always the case. The park is so huge that there is space enough for the residents to hide in a special place !

      Delete
  2. It's nice there are lovely shady places to go outside there. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing better health wise. Yes you are very lucky to have all that outdoor space to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and inviting outside area! I'd want to be outside too! Glad you are starting to feel better. That is pretty special that your son is sharing a vacation spot that you used to take him to with his family

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !