27 Oct 2024

AWWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND OCTOBER 26

 

Rosie loved camping !


Ironing my Menu card !

stretching exercise


 Halloween spider fighter 


Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

********  

On Saturday my son came for a short visit, that was quite a surprise. He had brought Toby to his friend Benji, to spend their school holidays together, for once they were lucky because the holidays were at the same time in Holland and Belgium. I don't know if I will see him, the two are probably too busy to visit the old grandma. Doesn't matter, they are now 14, and if I remember well, I preferred to play with my friend then with my grandma, at that age. 

But mother and son had a nice very sunny afternoon, we chatted in my room and then went joining the others in the restaurant.  

I shrank over the years ... still 1.71 m !

 I always feel like a zoo director showing off a particularly rare animal when I am walking besides my son. I feel like a dwarf. He was warmly greeted and we stayed with the others until he drove back to Amsterdam at 4 a.m. The roads are very bad for the moment they are being rebuilt and renovated, he wanted to be early at home as he has a lot of work and was also tired.

On Sunday I washed my hair and colored it as usual always with the same color .... light blond. When I had finished and looked in the mirror, I nearly got a heart attack ! 

 

My hair was grey !! horrible, even if it is the fashion now, I don't like it. My first reaction was to stay in my room until Monday and then buy the right color, but then the cleaning personal came and didn't notice my unusual hair color, and when my friend Pauline came she didn't pay attention either. So finally I thought $ยต&@* and joined the others for coffee and wafels. Nobody said a word, so I suppose they didn't pay attention, or it's only me who doesn't recognize myself. This spoiled my Sunday, because I want to be presentable not for the others but for myself.



5 comments:

  1. I wonder if Toby will be as tall as Darius? I think when you reach a certain age, you dress and groom to please yourself rather than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look presentable, Ingrid. It was nice to have a surprise visit - I like being with tall people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosie is a most precious kitty. She's a joy to watch.

    Yikes on the hair color. Mine is grey and I'm fine with that. The young girls here want grey hair. Why. I was a blonde for years and years.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to beautiful Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !