4 Sept 2024

HODGEPODGE SEPTEMBER 4

 

1. Something you're working on currently ?  


I'm trying to copy my pictures that are on Photobucket to my computer. After 17 years they now want me to pay ! And I didn't use it since at least 8 years !

2. Tell us something about your first job? Was it a positive or negative experience for you? Did your parents insist you work while in school (either high school or college) or did you work because you wanted to? 

My first job was in a company that produced subtitles for films. I was supposed to just translate, but I did everything, so to speak. Telephone, writing letters, customer contact and trade fairs. I learned a lot there.

3. Have you ever had a job that required overnight travel? How did you feel about that? Have you ever had a job that required you to wear a uniform? Do you work better in the morning or at night? 

The first company I worked for often held exhibitions at trade fairs. I always had to go along with them to translate from French into German. I loved the exhibitions it was fun and in the evenings going out into night clubs !

I never had a job where I had to wear an uniform, and I never worked at night.

4. What's something you bake or cook that is labor intensive? Is it worth it? 

I have never baked in my life and cooking I gave up since I am a widow. Now I get nice meals here in my "Castle".

5. One thing you're looking forward to in the month of September ? 

Nothing special, maybe the weather, that it continues to be so warm and that the sun is shining, I love to stroll around in our park.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I wonder how long I will have to suffer from my cortisone poisoning. I had to stop taking a medication, but I didn't know that I would suffer withdrawal symptoms. It's awful I feel dizzy and have ants in my legs !

 

4 comments:

  1. I am getting the same nagging from Photobucket. I checked a few years ago and there are only copies of photos I have stored elsewhere there, so I am not concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got out of photobucket a while back. It's a pain to have to move pictures, so good luck with that. I'm always impressed by people who speak more than one language. A skill I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used Photobucket. I think it's really bad when something that was free is suddenly not free any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same issue with the PB mess...so I just let it lapse. Don't need, don't use and will not pay, that is ridiculous!
    I know three languages enough to have conversations in them, and a smattering of two others. Its fun to be with my sister who knows all five and then jumble them all together. We did that once and made the clerk wonder what language we were speaking and where we were from, LOL! Her and I =always have a lot of fun when we are able to get together, I wish she wasn't 320 miles away from me.

    Sorry you are having so much trouble with the steroid reduction/withdrawal.Why didn't they wean you off gradually?? That is what we do here with peeps who need to stop that medicine.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !