19 Sept 2024

HODGEPODGE SEPTEMBER 19

 1. Something that's had you 'chuffed to bits' recently? 

can't think of anything, maybe that the temperature raised to what it should be and not cold winter temperatures, and sunshine of course !


2. Tell us about an instance recently where you were tempted to 'throw a wobbly' (expression used to describe tantrums thrown, usually by adults or people who should know better) 
 
This happened to me this morning. I had not slept very well this night, and I was sleeping like a baby with earplugs not to hear any noise, when somebody called "Madame" and then shouted "Madame", an uncontrolled rage broke out in me and I asked "what's wrong, let me sleep &é'§" !!!
 
"I just wanted to know why there is no bread on your tray?"
 
What??? that's why you wake me up?? GET OUT, leave me alone with your damn tray!" I turned around and tried to go back to sleep, it was only 8 o'clock. 
Normally breakfast comes at 8:30 and when I'm asleep it's put on the table. Anyway, I had murderous ideas this morning! Of course I couldn't sleep anymore and got up ! She probably will never wake up somebody again !

3. Something everyone seems to love but is not your 'cuppa tea'?

Men with beard, bun and tattoos

4. Fish and chips, bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding...which entree would you choose? Yes, you have to choose.

 I love Fish and chips, but as main course, Each time I am in London, I eat "my" fish and chips !

5. Something you want for your birthday this year? 

I have to wait until next year, because I just had my birthday. We have decided not to give any gifts for birthdays anymore, therefore I had no wish, but I think I got a bouquet of orchids.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My room neighbor who is alcoholic (as she told us) came at 10 am and asked me if I could open a bottle of champagne for her. Of course I could and I did, she left happy with her bottle and returned to her room. Since then I think it must be terribly difficult for her to get her daily consumption. But apparently she takes her car and gets what she needs. It doesn't bother me that she drinks, she's 87 years old but looks much younger and is a very friendly and kind person. she must have been very pretty and at that age she should be happy and not listen to lectures. However, I don't like the fact that she drives a car. After all, she can have an accident. Thinking about it, I decided that it wasn't my job to tell her anything, she is old enough and must know.




1 comment:

  1. What a nasty way to wake up. Hopefully it won't happen again. Your neighbour at 87 knows what she wants and what suits her.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !