29 Apr 2024

AWWW MONDAY - WEEKEND APRIL 27


 



 

 

Linking to AWWW MONDAYS

 

******

WEEKEND 

Saturday the temperature has raised and I thought I will take the opportunity and buy my fruits. Usually I avoid to shop on Saturdays, to leave the place to people who work the whole week and can do their shopping only Saturdays, as Sundays the shops are closed. It was quickly done and I thought I should buy a little microwave to warm up my coffee when it is cold instead of of always getting upset. Plus, if there's warm food in the evening, I can warm it up when I'm hungry and don't have to eat at 6 pm.

It's just the right size for warming up a plate or coffee, and it fitted exactly on my mini fridge !

Satisfied with my purchase, I drove to Isabel who wanted to show me her new sofa and the new parquet. It looks really nice now. Our house, where we lived together for 45 years, is directly opposite. It looks very nice like new. Strangely enough, I didn't feel any regret or sadness, I just felt a pang in my heart when I saw the mailbox, even though it was a different one, because Rick always got the mail there. I even forgot to take a picture for our son!

When I came home I met the daughter of a resident which I know now very well and she carried my microwave into my room, and installed on the fridge ! That was so nice of her ! Her mother and I get very well together. I was tired and went early to bed but read until midnight !

On Sunday storms were announced, the parks were closed, so I thought I will do a lazy day and let the wind blow, in my castle with these thick walls I really risk nothing. And what happened ? The sun came out alternating with clouds, no rain but a really strong wind. From my window I saw a few residents walking in the park, but not for long, a hat was blown away and the wind was so strong that they all came back. Some of us had coffee together, but then as a lot of visitors were there, and Irma and Lina were out with their children, I went back to my room, watched a bit TV. Too much wind makes me nervous ! I played a scrabble on my tablet an won !

Rosie too was lazy (it was day) and very tired and had gone to bed at 9 am, when I got up ! There is nothing to do, she is a night owl.



 


 


6 comments:

  1. A microwave is a great addition to your castle home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thinking about the microwave. It's nice to be inside behind strong walls when the wind blows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That microwave will come in handy a lot, gives you more options,I think! Good purchase!

    Good thing you didn't get blown away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww on the kitties. So cute.

    I can't live without a microwave. I use it all the time. Good for you.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Gattina. Scritches to Rosie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your microwave will get a lot of use. It was very windy here too but this week has started better - we have had sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A microwave is a good thing to have for a quick warm up. Rosie is so precious. In fact all those kitties- oh my. I started to rely on the air fryer. HaHaHa you would think I was a kid, but once and a while I love a corn dog and the air fryer heats the frozen corndog nicely. I am glad you had a nice trip. Enjoy the rest of the week and stay safe and healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !