26 Jun 2024

HODGEPODGE JUNE 27

 1. What do you think has remained the same about you your whole life? How has your perception of yourself changed over time? 

Ever since I learned to read and write, I always have been a bookworm and also loved to draw or paint. My perception of myself has changed when suddenly males no longer were friends but always tried to go further. It started with the father of a classmate. I suddenly realized that I was not ugly as my father pretended, but just the opposite and had to push the males away. 

I trusted no man anymore until I met Rick, who was everything I ever wanted from a man, and with no hesitation we married and 54 years later we still were until death took him away from me.

50th wedding anniversary with the mayor and her assistant

2. What was the first thing you learned how to cook? Do you prefer to cook or bake? 

I really don't remember, I had learned nothing from my mother, because she didn't let me in the kitchen, she was afraid that I would mess it up ! I learned to cook with Rick, he loved cooking and I loved the Italian kitchen. In the past I loved to cook, not to bake and with the years I became more and more lazy and now I don't cook at all anymore, and honestly I don't miss it !

3. What are some of your current priorities in this season of life? Elaborate. 

To be left in peace and without any worries and being alone since Rick died.  I also love people around me, and then I try to be the same person as I have been before. Somehow I feel like I am two persons.

4. How much time do you spend on your hair each day or, put another way, what's your hair care routine? Do you get it cut regularly or just whenever the mood strikes? Do you go to the same stylist every time? Do you tell your stylist everything? Any other beauty treatments you indulge in throughout the year? 

I wash my hair and let it dry, certainly not every day but twice a week. When it's dry I comb it and that's it. Yes I go since a few years to the same stylist, as I am satisfied with the haircut. Usually it's all 6 weeks, my hair is very punctual. I don't tell my stylist my whole life, we just chat about everything, nothing special. Sometimes she asks for an advice. I used to do a face cleaning, but I was so occupied the last 4 years, that I didn't even think of such things. I took a few anti stress massages, but that's all. 

5. What is the most awe-inspiring place you've visited? 

I have visited so many countries and a few continents, that it is impossible to only have one "awe" place ! There were landscapes which took your breath away, palaces, lakes etc.  

From left to right, Dolmahbace Palace, Istambul, St. Petersburg Palace, Russia, middle : Turkey desert, Tunisia Salt Lake, Morocco Atlas,


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have no special thoughts, they are always the same since I am here, fortunately I don't have to worry about anything anymore. That's all I need for the moment.

 

6 comments:

  1. I see a beautiful picture of you and your husband. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm sure you miss him deeply. Celebrating your 50th anniversary must have been a very special and cherished occasion. It's impressive that you've had the opportunity to travel to many different places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful anniversary photo! I'd love to visit St. Petersburg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents and grandparents were all below average height, so it was not a surprise when I was as well. It didn't matter to me because I was very good at all educational subjects except physics and chemistry. And I was even better at sport. But I hated the nicknames some school mates gave me, even when they did not mean to be vulgar. Only decades later did the memories fade and the nicknames disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The father of a classmate. That was the same with me. Ugh I still have bad memories. Love the photo of young Rick and you. So handsome and beautiful. I'm glad you are happy where you are with no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that photo with the flags behind you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. We are headed to Turkey and Egypt and Greece later this year. I love to travel! It looks like you have traveled to many places!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your 50th anniversary photo! and the travel photos you shared too. Looks like you've been to some truly wonderful places! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !