2 Jan 2014

GOOGLE+ WHAT FOR ?

Jenny Matlock
more participants at Jenny Matlock's Alphabet Thursday


If there is something I really hate then it is Google+ ! I don't want Google+, I am a blogger and have 3 blogs which take me enough time to follow up.  Each time I get a comment and the link leads me not to the person's blog but to a Google+ page, then the trouble starts ! Where is the link to the blog I want to comment on ??? Some people don't put them on their Google + page and if you want to comment or only just ask "where is your blog ? " what happens ? You have to subscribe to Google+ otherwise you are not allowed to write a single word ! Where is my liberty of choice ? I hate to be forced to do something I don't want to do. Google starts to remind me of some Dictators !  So what do I do ? If there is no link to the Blog on that Google + thing, I just don't comment.

Anyway I don't see the use of it. Since 2006, I blog and was very happy without Google+. I don't want to join circles and I don't want to chat ! I don't want publish photos for that I have my photo blog. There is already Facebook, which in my opinion is exactly the same only older. I had to subscribe to Facebook otherwise I couldn't see the pictures my son sometimes puts on his Facebook page. Suddenly I had over 100 friends of which I didn't even know the half.


I don't deny that Google has also its advantages if he lets me in peace with his Google + ! How often I found an answer just by googling ! But when I googled yesterday for an explanation of Google + I got this as the very first answer:

网易首页-新闻-体育-NBA-娱乐-财经-股票-汽车-科技-手机-女人-论坛-视频-健康-房产-家居-教育-读书-游戏-彩票-更多|
免费邮箱 - 通行证登录 | 微博
rss
网易科技 网易 > 网易科技 > 互联网 > 正文
新闻
谷歌第四次挑战社交网络 推出新品Google+
2011-06-29 12:10:10  来源: 赛迪网 (北京) 跟贴 1 条 手机看新闻

【赛迪网讯】6月29日消息,谷歌今日推出了其新服务Google Plus(又名Google+),该款产品是谷歌在社交领域的第四次尝试。这也是联合创始人佩奇4月重返CEO职位以来,在社交网战略上的最重要决策。etc. (I hope I didn't cut off in the middle of a sentence !)

Very clear indeed, now I just have to learn this language to understand Google+





19 comments:

Andrew said...

I agree. I hate being forced to use Google+. Like you, I check a new commenter at my blog and if it leads to a Google+ site, I just close it. Facebook, Twitter and Blogging, along with email is quite enough. I think Google+ is supposed to be an alternative to Facebook. It left its run too late. Young people are leaving Facebook because their parents are all using it.

Sandra Carlier said...

I agree with you. I even closed my facebook cause it takes too much time. I was too much addict and I don't like that.

Jo said...

I dislike being led to Google +. I try to avoid comment and bloggers with this monster attached. xxx

Mara said...

AGREE! TOTALLY AGREE!!!

Enough of the shouting. I don't get the whole Google+ either and have stopped trying to understand.

Have a great 2014 without too much Google+ bother.

Tracy Cook said...

I have a love hate relationship with google

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I do the same as you when led to G+... I see no point in it. I basically like Google for finding information and my gmail, but G+? Nope! I just hope it never takes the place of Google Friends Connect...

storybeader said...

I admit it, I'm the one person (so far) that voted I like Google+. I don't like Facebook, but I'm on it to see family too. Then all those games! Who has time? I just like people if they are involved in the things I like, and drop a link to be blog, because it's handy on Blogger. That's about it. Didn't know you couldn't leave a message if you didn't "belong"... Happy New Years, {:-Deb

Lola said...

Mmm! Mixed feelings about Google!

However, a very Happy New Year to you and yours!

Lovely post - and blog!

Linens and Royals said...

So is that why when I want to look at a blog that has commented on mine I get a strange page and can't deal with it? I hate change-too much of it and I will have to give up blogging or ask grandson for advice.

diane b said...

I agree. If you start a new blog these days it makes you have a google+ profile it is very tricky to try and bypass google+ and make a blogger profile.
I agree there should be a simple way to find the blog on someones profile if they don't link it themselves.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Me too (or me three or four or more it looks like). Thanks for telling it like it is Gattina.

Marcy said...

Happy New Year :) I deleted my google+ long ago, never wanted it, don't see the use for it. There are other useful google tools, they should concentrate on only those!

fredamans said...

I hate Google+ too. The only thing I use other than the search, is the translator tool.

Melody Harrison said...

Agree! I don't like Google+ too but it's the only way I can link to my blog as I am self hosting it. :(

Anyway...Happy new year!

Hugs,
Melody

wilbo43 said...

I am in total agreement with you on Google+ it's not well designed and much too restrictive. We used to run blogging classes on U3A but when Google+ came in, we gave it up. Like you, I have lots of "friends" I've never heard off. Bring back Blogger Profile, i say!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hallo Gattina,
deinen Ärger über das Google+ verstehe ich vollkommen. Leider kann ich nicht drauf verzichten, weil das ganz wichtig für meinen Shop ist. Viele Blogger haben ihre Kommentare so eingestellt, dass nur Leute mit Google+-Konto kommentieren können. Bei mir (und eingien Anderen) dürfen alle kommentieren. Du musst nur das entsprechende Profil wählen, was du ja gemacht hast. Ich habe mit Google+ begonnen und bin dann zu Facebook gegangen. Ich finde Google+ wesentlich netter.
Liebe Grüße
Johanna

edenhills said...

I agree. If it requires a Google+ account to comment, I don't do it. It would also mean my Millie goat being able to keep her identity.

Ames said...

It is so annoying!~Ames

Jenny said...

This gave me a good giggle...

I could not agree more with you!

Thanks for linking to the letter "G".

A+