23 Jul 2010
FRIDAY's FAVE 5
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
Our weather luck continues in our usually so rainy country, besides some heavy short summer rains, it's dry and of course the farmers complain. Usually they complain because it's too wet.
1. On Sunday I did a little walk through the weekly flea market in Waterloo and as always was quiet surprised what kind of stuff was for sale and that people bought it ! I didn't find anything. In the post below you can see the kind of things I could have bought there.
2. I also had to drive my neighbor to a hospital which I knew by name because it is quiet famous, the reception looked like a big Hotel hall, at least that was my impression. My poor friend has to go there once a month to get a shot in one eye, so that she wouldn't get blind. This desease can't be healed but at least stopped. The doctor a young woman and the staff were extremely kind and friendly and we even joked together.
3. As it was so hot inside the country Ilona and I went to the sea, only one and a half hour away. We took ombrellas, seats and pic nic along and had a wonderful day. It was very hot, 32°C (90 F) which is very unusual at the North Sea. Apparently it was the hottest day since ages, but supportable because of the little breeze. Before going home we ate the traditional crepes and had a good strong coffee and then an alcohol free beer.
4. Our "4th of July" is on the 21st of July. Of course I went there with my friend Jacqueline just for the ambiance. In the morning the major held his annual speach (on the picture he is besides me) and then greeted the people. He also came over to me, I wonder if he remembers that 30 years ago we fought about a chair and I winned and he fell on the floor.
In the evening was a concert with a Freddy Mercury imitator, he was quiet good and also sang the Jailhouse Rock from Elvis. We all had a lot of fun. The evening ended with a nice fire work.
5. The rest of my time I spent blogging and and the usual household duties. I must get very strong with the age because I broke the knife while cutting an omelet.