16 Aug 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Now it's already more then a week that I am back from my holidays in the UK and nothing special has happened ever since.
2. My friend Chantal came for a visit, I hadn't seen her for a long time because when she came back from her holidays in France, I just went off to Eastbourne. So we had a lot to chat and Mr. G. after a few minutes of polite presence, escaped into his office as anyway he couldn't place a word.
3. My friend since 62 year, Gisela was in her summer house in Holland and had invited me for two days. Unfortunately the cold I had caught in the London aircondition freezing buses got worse and I felt so bad that I had to call her and cancel our get together. Unfortunately she finishes her holidays in Holland in two days, so we probably will see each other in Germany where she lives near Cologne.
4. I talked with Dominique over the fence and then I went to her because she had the wonderful idea,
to invite me and Nicole to Thonon les Bains, in France just at the lake of Geneva at the border of Switzerland. It's a very beautiful area and she owns a big holiday villa there with swimmingpool, which she keeps for her children and their partners and friends. So we made up the dates, the route, and we booked a hotel for one night, otherwise the way is too long to go there in one shot, at least for us, we don't want to arrive there half dead. We will go beginning September, it's not too late to have warm weather in this area.
5. The rest of the week I tried to get rid of my cold with hot tea and medication, read, watched movies, blogged and watched TV.