20 Aug 2010
FRIDAY's Fave Five
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. After a wonderful holiday week at the English coast I am back home in the rain again ! Apparently it had rained the whole week I was away. My cats seemed to be very happy to see me again, only Kim the black one hadn't even noticed my absence.
So now I am at home sweet home and nothing had changed. Not even the grass had grown !
2. We have made quiet a lot of excursions to different places in the area.
in Hastings we visited the Fisher museum, had a walk through the city and my friend bought some T-shirts. I didn't find anything to buy.
2. On Sunday we discovered the Arundel castle , had a little walk around the lake there and
stopped for the traditional tea with scones and clotted cream ! The portion was enormous and delicious !
3. As the weather really seemed to be good the whole day, I went to Eastbourne's beach.
I walked around the pier and sat there for an hour before I had a sandwich at the beach and just did nothing but watching the waves and the people. I even got a little burnt in my face.
4. The last day we met Anne's friends in a Restaurant had a nice meal a lot of laughter and fun and I think we were a very noisy table. Unfortunately we couldn't do our little walk together through Eastbourne, because it was the only day where it rained from morning til evening. Probably the heaven was crying because I had to leave the next day.
5. I left Eastbourne early morning and was in London at 11 am. I left my luggage at the St. Pancras International station, so I could walk around London without my suitcase.
It was nice to see "my" old town again although for the moment it doesn't look very nice because there are construction works and renovations everywhere and no street is without building or street work. It seemed to me like a huge construction site. The city prepares itself for the Olympics in 2012 !