29 Sep 2009

MY WORLD-Pumpkin festival


more participants here

It's pumpkin season and we had a pumpkin festival near Waterloo.



The farmer's house looks quite inviting



a beautiful decoration



and strange pumpkins



Delicious pumpkin pancakes



and all kind of other pumpkin recepes to try



The children had a lot of fun, running around on the straw



the farmer took them on the field





other activities





and hiding in little huts



there was also a puppet theatre



the pumpkin fields



some for decoration







there also was a group of painters



a quite big pumpkin



bees to show how honey is made



and other pumpkins of all kinds

I bought a few for decoration.

My World participants :

15 comments:

Lawstude said...

very colorful images. i am particularly amazed by the two pumpkin shots :)

LadyFi said...

Pumpkins already?! Looks like a great day out.

eileeninmd said...

Great series of photos. I love all the pumpkins and gourds. Everything looks so colorful. Thanks for sharing.

Müge said...

What a beautiful day you had! Yes we are entering to the month of October. The season of pumpkins is now open. It's a brilliant idea to celebrate this! :-)

Wolynski said...

It's Halloween already in Belgium? Pumpkins are the symbol of Halloween in America. Never knew they had long, squiggly pumpkins. Very colorful photos and very colorful day.

Puss-in-Boots said...

I remember the pumpkin photos from last year...hasn't time flown! It's looks such a lot of fun...

diane said...

Pumpkin fun time. Very colourful shots and lots of fun in your world.

Melli said...

What an appropriate post for me to visit this minute! I am sipping my PUMPKIN spice coffee and eating a whole grain bagel with PUMPKIN butter on it! I do sO love all the PUMPKIN foods out this time of year! Those pumpkin pancakes look yummy - and I like pumpkin oatmeal this time of year too! What a great festival!

Maribeth said...

Wonderful! I love Autumn! Time to get out your lamp for when it gets too dark!
BTW, did you get your new passport yet?

Coffeedoff said...

Lovely set of photos. I like the idea of a pumpkin festival!

J said...

A great selection of pumpkins, squashes and guords. Divine!

Thom said...

How fun this looks. I would love to go there and see this. Just awesome. Thanks for sharing my friend :)

Dr.John said...

I love festivals.
Thank you for sharing this one in these great pictures.

SandyCarlson said...

That looks like a wonderful time and place. I love pumpkin pancakes!

Tinsie said...

This looks like an amazing festival - and those circular pumpkins are seriously weird!