9 Jul 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Are you Italian ?
more participants here
Influenced by my last holidays in Italy I found this, which is quite true, at least in little towns and villages.
In 13 sentences you know you're Italian when :
1. You can bench press 325 pounds, shave twice a day and still cry when your mother yells at you.
2. You carry your lunch in a produce bag because you can't fit two cappicola sandwiches, 4 oranges, 2 bananas and pizzelles into a regular lunch bag.
3. Your mechanic, plumber, electrician, accountant, travel agent and lawyer are all your cousins.
4. You have at least 5 cousins living in the same town or street. All five of those cousins are named after your grandfather or grandmother.
5. You are on a first name basis with at least 8 banquet hall owners.
6. You only get one good shave from a disposable razor.
7. If someone in your family grows beyond 5'9", it is presumed his Mother had an affair.
8. There are more than 28 people in your bridal party.
9. You netted more than $50,000 on your first communion.
10. Your grandfather had a fig tree.
11. You eat Sunday dinner at 2:00.
12. Your mom's meatballs are the best.
13.You've been hit with a wooden spoon or had a shoe thrown at you.