François Mellaerts a business man and his wife bought in 1883, during a public sale, a set of 9 hectar grassland and agricultural land belonging to the Civil Hospitals of Brussels.
At the end of the 19th century, Mellaerts acquired another piece of land in 1898 with two ponds. located not far away, in exchange for its property that it would be integrated into the perimeter of the park of Woluwe then in the realization phase and accessible to the public. The State had to take care of the ponds. Read more here