22 Feb 2013
FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE
more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
1. Nothing special happened this week, except the spectacular robbery of Diamonds at the Brussels' airport, where eight heavily armed men dressed as policemen attacked the cargo of a Swiss airplane located on the tarmac of the airport and stole diamonds, valued around 36 million euros (48 million USD) then they disappeared. Fortunately there were no victims, and the diamonds were well insured so no loss, except for the insurance company.
2. After aqua gym, I went on prospect hunt for a robot lawn mower ! Of course it is too early to buy one, but I wanted to know more about it and most of all how much it would cost. The salesman gave me a good advice, for my purpose I need the smallest one, and not a complicated either, just the thing without remote control.
Now I am dreaming of sitting on the terrace taking a sunbath and watch my lawn mower driving around on the grass maybe followed by cat Arthur, which would be even more fun !
3. My painting is finished, so I needed new canvas. My brushes too had lost their hairs and needed replacement. There is a new store which has all these supplies to very cheap prices. Now the whole painting class goes there for everything we need for painting our "masterpieces".
4. No way to take public transports to Brussels today. A national manifestation of around 30 to 40,000 workers and employes took place in Brussels. At the call of the unions, they require full maintenance of the salary index, rising purchasing power and negotiations on worker flexibility. I am happy that I have all this behind me, I could only manifest for a higher pension ! Sadly it's so difficult nowadays for young people to find a good job. When I was young there were so many jobs available that I had a big choice !
5. My prisoner life continues, due to the cold weather, rain, fog, and even some snow ! Lots of people have caught a cold or even got the viral flew ! It's better to stay inside and suffer in silence for being locked in then catching the microbes !