20 Aug 2009
THURSDAY THIRTEEN - Funny translations
more participants here
13 rather funny translations for English speaking tourists !
1. Because of the impropriety of entertaining guests of the opposite sex in the bedroom, it is suggested that the lobby be used for this purpose. -- A sign in a Swiss hotel.
2. Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good time." -- A sign in a laundry in Rome.
3. Do not spit here and there. A sign in Calcutta, India.
4. Deposit: The owner asks for a deposit of 100 € as a guarantee for the flat. This amount will be returned at the end of your stay if any damage has been done." -- A sign in a Spanish hotel.
5. Please leave your values at the front desk." -- A sign in a Paris hotel.
6. Caution Water On Road During Rain" -- A sign in Malaysia.
7. Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty." -- A sign in a Budapest zoo.
8. Our staffs are always here waiting for you to patronize them." -- From an advertisement for a hotel in Tokyo.
9. You are welcome to visit the cemetery where famous Russian and Soviet composers, artists, and writers are buried daily except Thursday." -- A sign in a Moscow hotel across the street from a Russian Orthodox monastery.
10. You are invited to take advantage of the chambermaid." -- A sign in a Japanese hotel.
11. Ladies are requested not to have children in the bar." -- A sign in a Norwegian cocktail lounge.
12. Order your summers suit. Because is big rush we will execute customers in strict rotation." -- A sign in a Rhodes tailor shop.
13. Take one of our horse driven city tours -- we guarantee no miscarriages." -- A sign in a Czechoslovakian tourist agency.