24 Apr 2024

HODGEPODGE APRIL 25

 1. When did you last have cancelled plans? Were you happy about that or disappointed ? 

All my plans have changed when Rick died. I became quite ill and my COPD (chronic lung disease) got so bad that some days I could only walk a few steps and then I was breathless. I also often fell down  all of a sudden and without warning and couldn't get up . I had great travel plans, but I had to give them all up. Maybe I'll feel better in a few months. It is already better.

2. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a planner are you? 

1= I go where the wind takes me  
10=I've got a power point on it, no matter what it is
 
That is a difficult question ! I am neither one nor the other. I first dream when I have seen a beautiful landscape or an interesting city, or that I would like to visit someone. Then I think about whether and when that would be possible and only then do I make plans. Therefore I don't go with the wind. But, it can happen that I go to a store to buy something specific and then come out with something completely different, even though that was a plan!
 
3. Do you have a menu plan for the week? If so tell us one or two things that are on it. If not, what's your plan for not having a plan lol? 
 
Now here in "my" castle I get a menu plan for the whole week.
 

 But when I was still living home, I never knew what I would prepare for the next day or even for supper,  let alone for a week !

4. The Hodgepodge lands on National Bucket List Day. Do you have a bucket list? Is it written down or just in your head? What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a list, what is one thing you'd add to a list if you did? Yes I'm going to make you think about it. 

No, I have no bucket list or to do lists, the only list I may have is a shopping list. For the moment I would add nails, because I still have some pictures to hang on the wall !

5. Rain buckets, a drop in the bucket, couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, sweat buckets, cry buckets...which 'bucket' idiom applies to your life in some way currently? 

Without any hesitation I would say "Rain bucket" or rather it rains cats and dogs, that sounds more cute. Anyway that's my destiny since a few months and I don't sing in the rain ! Cry buckets are past or on some memory occasions.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

There are coincidences ! I keep thinking about it! Yesterday I was looking for a suitable header for my Facebook page. I wanted one from Rick's town where he grew up. I googled and found a nice one and placed a small portrait photo in one of the windows. As soon as I pressed "publish" there was a comment in Italian from my niece, Rick's sister's daughter, who wrote to me that my header was so nice because Rick lived and played in this street as a little boy! Isn't it strange that I chose this picture ?


 



9 comments:

  1. Looks like a charming village your husband grew up in. I hope you get your pictures hung. Every little thing that means something to you will make it feel more and more like home. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, isn't that wonderful that the picture you chose for your header was a street where your husband had lived and played as a little boy. So fascinating.

    It's raining here also. We've had a lot of rain this spring. Yesterday and Monday were bright and sunny though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful village! What a blessing that it was the very street your Rick played in as a boy. I don't believe in coincidences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The village picture is a lovely memento.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture was meant to be! Such a lovely and quaint place! Now full of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet the coincidence with the photo you chose, and the niece who responded so quickly to it! I love those kinds of perfectly timed coincidences. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That header was meant to be. Funny how these things happen.

      Delete
  7. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have someone else plan the menu. Oh wow. That is a wonderful coincidence!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !