23 Mar 2023

HODGEPODGE MARCH 23

1. Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in some way? If so tell us how. Are you a fan of corned beef? Cabbage? The color green?

I don't even know who was St. Patrick, and why he is celebrated. So I googled, but there was so much to read that I gave up but I leaned that Saint Patrick didn't wear green. That everybody thinks that he was Irish but he was not, he was British. According to Irish legend, Saint Patrick used the shamrock as a metaphor for the Holy Trinity when he was first introducing Christianity to Ireland. Irish immigrants brought St. Patrick to the USA, where it is more celebrated than in Ireland itself; A few European countries introduced him too, but it's not really very well known. Although he didn't like green, the people dress in green and shamrocks (clovers) are a symbol I am not at all a fan of corned beef, which is typical American (I think) I have never seen a can here yet. In Germany yes. Cabbage I like, but green as clothes or decorations I don't like at all. I only like green in nature. The green green grass !

2. March 22nd is National Goof Off Day...will you celebrate? Your favorite way to goof off? Last time you had a whole day to spend 'goofing off'? 

Here spring starts on March 21 (or was it yesterday) anyway National Goof Off Day, I have everyday if it means doing nothing, I am retired and can goof whenever I want to,  Never heard this word and the translation is rather funny, it means doing the fool the whole day ? OK I am ready !

3. Something on your to-do list that has been there more than a month? Will this be the month you finally cross it off? 

No idea ! Each day I want to cross out what is on my to do list, but so far I just did the laundry, this was a must, otherwise I had nothing to dress anymore.

4. In your opinion, what emotion is the most beneficial? Which one is the least useful? 

Happiness when I win  a lot of money and disappointment when I loose !

5. What was your favorite thing to do as a kid? Elaborate. 

Reading ! As soon as I had learned reading, I devoured books !

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I only have sad thoughts, I have to go to the funerals of my colleague and friend, he is the fourth neighbor in my old street ! It's time that nature shows a bit more spring !

 

 

3 comments:

  1. St Patrick's Day is severely over-rated in USA. The Irish are much more restrained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the thought of a whole day to 'goof off'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. St Patrick's Day is celebrated here and the Irish backpackers love to get drunk and emotional while remembering their homeland and families.
    We eat corned beef and cabbage and I didn't know it comes in tins. It has to be boiled and is delicious with a home made mustard sauce..

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !