19 Aug 2022

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The week started with a holiday in catholic countries. It is August 15, the Assumption of Mary who went to heaven, I don't know why it was on the 15th because at that time our calender didn't exist yet. Well there are so many fairy tales in religion. 

I think most of the people didn't even know why they had a day off and as it was on a Monday, lots of them went to the sea for a long weekend. 

My printer which had worked twice was again on strike and I tried myself this time to fix it, but there is no wifi connection from the printer to the computer. Well I will start again.We still had 31° but it was windy so I stayed the whole afternoon on the terrace protected by my fugitive parasols. This time they didn't fly away.

Isabel was not satisfied that the printer still didn't work, it was connected to the internet and the computer too, but they didn't recognize each other. I had discovered a HP helpline where a very friendly lady, locked herself into my computer and did everything for me ! Isabel and I were sitting in front of the screen and looked with huge eyes at the screen where a "ghost" clicked and wrote and put numbers, and then made a test and it worked !!! Unbelievable, it's a pity we hadn't done that before, we hadn't seen this help link . It was like a technician coming and do it personally, but here the lady worked from home for HP I know it because I heard a baby cry ! That was really nice and doesn't cost anything. They also do other reparations. 

Nicole had asked me to take her again to the retirement home where Rick had been, but when I arrived she was in such a bad state, that I told her it's better to go on another day. She could hardly walk and was terribly tired. She immediately agreed and I stayed a bit with her, but then I had to return. I talked to her daughter because I think she doesn't really realize, that her mother is declining. I know only too well what that means. Hard decisions to take.

My three dresses I had ordered on Internet "on sale" arrived, fit perfectly, not the best quality, but what should I do with quality and pay 3 times more ? The dresses would last longer than I ! So when I get fed up of them I just give them away. 

Once per year I have to go for a check up to the pneumologist  for my chronical lung disease. He had moved and I had to drive a bit further on into the next little town. It was a nice, very modern little hospital, very well equipped and not such a huge factory like building in which we have to go when we have an accident. Otherwise you are free to choose where you want to go. This counts for everybody.

 

The doctor is a real nice man, and takes his time to chat, then I went through the breathing machines and at the end he had asked for an X-tray this time. Apparently it's a bit worse but he said that could come from my actual situation and the stress I went through. He wanted to call me if there was something special, otherwise I could keep my actual treatment and as I haven't heard from him, it should be OK. 

I started to recuperate old pictures which are on a back up, from when we were freshly married and for the second time in Italy ! Long forgotten memories came up !


 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you have difficulties to comment, just scroll down to :
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) 
click on it and then you can comment ! 
 
I have the same on other blogs and it took me quite some time to find out ! 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy! Hope your lungs will be fine according to the latest tests you did.

    Dresses go out of fashion so fast, who cares about quality? LOL! I get most of my 'everyday' ones from the bargain stores, or sometimes from a thrift shop:)
    And they even last for years! The one I have onto day, I got when our sons were still in school!

    I love seeing all your wonderful new found memories!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be lovely to have all those memories to look at again but probably still hard with Rick gone so recently. Glad your check up went ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It scary to order close on line. Never know what one will get.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been reading blogs for a long time but I have been busy with old photos too. I love yours. Both so handsome and beautiful. It is amazing how they fixed your printer. We have the same happen when something goes wrong with our Apple devises, they just take over your screen. Poor Nicole I hope she can get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got help with the printer. My oldest son does that kind of work--he's called a remote tech (technician) and can log into people's computers with their permission and fix what's wrong. A bonus is that he can use their equipment for family as well, so he has worked on ours when we've needed it. It is a little eerie to see things move on screen seemingly by themselves.

    I'm sorry to hear Nicole is doing poorly.

    I order a lot of dresses online, and most of them are fine. Occasionally one will be poor quality, and it costs too much to send them back. I figure I'll wear them as long as I can.

    I would imagine the stress of the last few months have been affecting your lung situation. I hope the doctor doesn't have any reason to call you back.

    What fun the old photos are! I need to scan some into the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !