24 May 2022

WIKING FEST IN THE MONT ST. JEAN FARM WATERLOO

During the bloody battle of Waterloo the Duke of Wellington used the Mont St. Jean farm as hospital for his wounded soldiers. This was in 1815.

Today it has become a very beautiful restaurant, with a brewery and a museum. And sometimes there are festivals of Wikings, Scots, Celtics and others and each Sunday morning there is a big flea market on the grounds around the farm. 

We went there on Sunday to see the Wikings and the stalls and all Wiking accessories, and had the intention to have a little lunch there on the terrace. But there were so many people and the cobble stones made it hard to walk so that our visit was quite short but I could take some photos and anyway next year the Wikings are coming back and I have seen it already.

I could see the Waterloo Lion from far

The parking was full, difficult to find a parking place

The first Wiking I saw posed for me with pleasure

A today's Wiking, my son

The entrance

There were a few falcons

I wanted to take a picture of the dog, but the girl also posed, not really a Wiking

I thought the girl had a dog on her lap but in reality it was one of the fury scarfs of stuffed foxes which were in fashion to my grandma's time.







and the Wiking rocks !



 Here you find more about the Mont St. Jean Farm 


Linking to

TRAVEL TUESDAY

THROUGH MY LENS 


4 comments:

  1. The weather looks wonderful and the photos so bright. My grandmother has one of the fox....what were they called? Stoles? We kids used to use it to chase each other around and scare each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. `It's quite an honor to live in a famous, historical place such as Waterloo. I've been there, at the Lion Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great pics of that fun place! Loved seeing all the costumes and period clothing. That fox...um...nope, not for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !