3 Dec 2021

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

The graveyard weather continued also on Monday, and it still rained. I wonder from where all this water comes ! When I was a child I was told that when it rains the angels are crying. If this is true then they all must have a depression or they are peeling onions ! No excuse for me I had to do my shopping ! 

As it happens now very often, I fell asleep  while I was watching my little crime story then I wrote my post and ordered a "Gym Leg Action" on Internet for my neighbor. She had tried it with me and was thrilled. Every morning for 10 min I put my feet on the machine and let my legs shake. That's really good when you sit a lot. The next day I thought I had walked 10 km ! Now I use it slowly slowly each day a little more but I feel that it does real good, even til the end of your back.

The next morning Nicole called and asked me if I could drive her home from the retirement home where she stays during the holidays of her daughter. She wanted to see Isis her cat and stay a while with her.

Isis was very happy to see her servant and meowed like a chatterbox. It was a bit cold as the apartment was "on holiday"  temperature, so we kept our coats and had a coffee together and played a bit with Isis who rolled around on the floor. Today Nicole returns home and Isis will have company again. During Nicole's absence it was her grandson who took well care of her. 

When I visited Rick again to my surprise he was sitting on his bed. Apparently he is much better, had walked a bit around with the help of two nurses and will be able to join the others to the restaurant and have lunch and supper with them. He has to stay in a wheelchair, because he is so weak, but I was really happy for him that he could go out of his isolation ! It had lasted long enough ! I stayed a bit until he had eaten the cubes of ananas and then wanted to lay down, he was tired.  Hopefully it continues this way because with the Parkinson disease it's like a roller coaster. 

To replace the absent sun I had installed my light therapy lamp, because we all have a lack of Vitamin D and this lamp is supposed to produce it. It's very much used in Northern countries where they have only 3 h of daylight !

I think it helps in dark days. In the afternoon I had a coffee with Adeline, who had tried out her new machine and felt her legs !

Today we have the first snow of the year, which means 3 snowflakes per square meter ! 


By the time I had decided to look after a winter coat, the snowing had stopped and it rained for a change. Of course I didn't find the coat I was looking for, or it was too big or too small,  the color wasn't right, or it was far too expensive. It was not my day for personal shopping. 

I also needed a little basket and a box to put the different batteries I need for all kind of stuff and also saw a round piece of white (fake) fur for Miss Rosie's black basket.

Now it's difficult to see where the cat starts and the fur ends. But Rosie loves it, it's comfy and warm.

I will start a bit of Christmas decoration, it's all in the basement but I will ask my son to carry it up !I have to make a list of all heavy and difficult things to be repaired or carried from one room to the other, for once I have a strong man in the house. Maybe Toby comes too to see his Nonno, it all depends how Nonno looks and how he feels !

And again another Corona Virus week went by, one step more towards the history book of the next century !

We certainly will be named "The Corona Virus Generation" !

 


more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear Rick is doing better and can get out of his room a bit now. I hope you can find the right coat soon. I was shopping for socks for my husband this week, and was amazed that I couldn't find the right kind--too thick, too long or short, not the kind of fabric we like. You'd think, with as many choices as are available, it wouldn't be so hard. But I think in his case they must have stopped using the kind of fabric or yarn we like--I can only find it in an argyle pattern, not plain black like he wants. But I'll keep looking.

    So glad Nicole got to visit with Isis. That lamp looks like a good idea for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know Rick is better, and that your son will be coming to your help.
    Your a good friend and neighbor as seen in your attitude to Nicole and Adeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope you get to see Toby this weekend. I'm sure he will cheer you up. Glad to hear Rick seemed to be a bit better. You definitely do seem to be on a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot tell which part is Rosie and which is her fur blanket. Glad that Mr G is doing a bit better. It's rainy and cold here but no complaints from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isis and Rosie are both sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news for Rick! I'm glad he is feeling better and able to join others for meals and activities.
    Rosie looks warm and comfortable in her new fur coat.
    Hopefully, you will get to see Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosie is a dear cat. We love how she blends in. Great news about Rick. Hopefully it will mean a more enjoyable festive season for you all. As to the weather, it is definitely stay indoors and or thick coat weather here. Rains held off though, which is a sort of mixed blessing. We work in the outdoors three days a week so if it rains then it is a pain.
    ERin & Mrs H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray that Nick is so much improved! That must warm your heart:)

    We have had snow like that too...ts a bit white one moment and back to green the next!

    I hope you can find a suitable coat.
    Its nice that you have your son there to help as needed...and we sure hope Nonno can get a pleasant visit from them.

    I sure am having a hard time to figure out which is Rosie and which is the new furry mat. She just melts into it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard when it was raining and sun was shining it was angles tear. Although I heard the devil was beating his wife.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad Rick was feeling well enough to be able to get out of his room. How nice that you have your son to give you a hand. You're right in that it's hard to tell where the cat ends and the fur rug starts. She looks mighty comfy.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !