17 Mar 2017

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY

1.As usual now we started the week with our scrabble group. This time it was Mireille's turn.



Here we are during the coffee break and her dog Tosca waited for cookies of course. Ilona who had been a beginner and had lost, was now the best ! I am not a real player I don't count, to make the most points so I was not the last but just the second last ! Mireille and Nicole had a glass of Limoncello, which is a very strong liqueur (45 %) with their coffee and they became very joyful and had red cheeks. We laughed a lot.

2.



Nicole was very worried about her Charlie because he had like a white skin covering half of right eye. First the vet thought it was conjunctivitis and had prescribed an ointment, but now it turned out that he possibly has a tumour behind this eye ! Nicole was devastated and we all tried to comfort her as Charlie is as usual, plays and eats. On Monday she will get the result. Hopefully it's just an infection !

3. The spring weather continues and more and more flowers come out and the trees start to get green. But still I am not myself, so after aqua gym I decided to go to Egypt, and stay in my "second" home the Sunrise Resort for a week. Unfortunately it was already fully booked and I just could get a week from May 5th on. Now I have something to look forward too ! Sun, see and swimming !

4. The up and downs in the temperatures have caused a lot of colds and flues.



We  were not many in our painting class but had as usual a very nice time.

5. It was a happy day for Mr. G. his new car has arrived, a little Toyota Aygo, which is perfect for what he needs.



The car was wrapped in a red tissue and looked like a huge gift ! The salesman unwrapped it and explained all functions. I was impressed by the screen on the dashboard which showed the whole street when you went backwards. I had seen that already in big cars but had never thought that such little once were also equipped with these screens and you didn't have to pay a supplement.

As Nicole lives near Toyota, we went to show our new little jewel. She found it very cute and offered us a glass to celebrate the new car. Unfortunately Charlie was not himself at all, he didn't even get up to say hello. I only hope that  he is in this state because of the strong medication he gets and which probably makes him so groggy.








more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.


more participants here at FIVE ON FRIDAY




Eden Hill's photo Hunt is here


19 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - I hope you can find somewhere else to get some sun. That Aygo looks delightful and what fun to have it 'posted' to you! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Charlie, please post the results from the Vet as soon as you get them. Shame you have to wait till May for your holiday and sunshine. No sunshine here right now as it has been raining heavily for days and too many flooded roads so I have been stuck at home. Love the new car with reversing camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to have your new car all wrapped up in red tissue! I wonder if you guessed what was inside. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will be in Egypt when we are in Europe. I don't know the Toyota name Aygo and I don't think I have seen it here. Maybe it is the latest version of Yaris. Much concern about Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see photos of your groups again. Sounds fun getting together with friends for Scrabble. I hope Charlie's results are good.

    Happy Five on friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. White is a good color for cars, my hubby's new car is white too. I wish everything goes well for Charlie. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I got caught by the cold virus as well: sore throat and a lot of sniffling. It will pass. I hope! But I could do with some limoncello (mmmm).

    Your Aygo certainly is a bit snazzier than mine. If I want to know what's behind me, I have to use the mirror or window or even get out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I'm so worried about Charlie. I hope it's nothing serious.
    Mr. G's new car is beautiful! I love the X design on the front. My car doesn't have a screen that shows image behind car but would love to have one.

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a very good Scrabble player because I just like to play pretty words that show off my vocabulary and I don't care if they give others a good chance at the triple word score or whatever. (I have trouble using strategy, in other words.)
    Mr G's new car is perfect; it's good to know that this small car comes with that backup safety device. It's really needed in the kind of places where you would most want a small car (in city traffic, city parking...)

    Best wishes for Charlie....what a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Charlie. I hope whatever he has can be easily mended. I haven't played Scrabble in real life for a while. I enjoy it but not many in my family do, so I play online with a friend. But it's hours or even days between turns. How fun to wrap the new car like that! I wish we'd had a salesperson explaining all the features when we got our new van at the end of last year - I am still trying to figure some things out. I do like that back-up sensor, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i hope to try Limoncello when we are in Italy this summer!!

    I hope your friends dog is going to be ok. i will say a prayer for him.

    how fun to have a weekly scrabble game.

    we still have no signs of spring here in the. irtheastern United States but that is because of the blizzard that blew in on Tuesday!!

    have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How I'd love to join that merry bunch and the Scrabble game.

    Praying for Charlie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Charlie! I hope everything turns out okay for him. I would love to meet with friends for a weekly Scrabble game. That sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear that Charlie isn't well. I pray the results are that he merely has an eye infection. Please keep us posted. I love Mr G's new toy. The car we had (and got rid of because it was impractical on the farm roads) had the screen which shows behind your car. Once I had loaded something in the boot and got into the car and reversed. Instead of the garden wall (which would have shown up in my screen) I saw sky. I knew my patio garden very well after all those years and reversed quite safely. Driving forward down the street, I noted the the screen was still showing mostly blue and the picture was bobbing up and down. I stopped, got out and went to the back: the boot was still up in the air. Mmm. A real blonde moment. Oh, I wanted to ask you: why don't you count as a real player in Scrabble? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like fun, getting together in different homes to play Scrabble. Poor puppy...hope that isn't a tumor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no. I hope Charlie will be better soon and that it is nothing serious. Love the Aygo. My mum has a red one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I'm so sorry about Charlie! I hope all will be ok!
    I'm glad you will be able to go to sun and sea in May!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never thought about putting limoncello in coffee, what a fantastic idea! I may become a little red cheeked myself now that you've given me that inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Egypt will be just what you need! We went there for our honeymoon - to Sharm El Sheik - and aprt from the upset tummies, we loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !