Wordless Wednesday ......
more participants here
1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?
Nobody choose, it was just as everybody did. I called my grandparents Oma and Opa which is the official name for grandparents in Germany. Our grandson calls us Nonna and Nonno, the official name for grandparents in Italy, because on his mother's side who is Dutch, he has already an Oma and an Opa, because in the Netherlands it's also Oma and Opa.
2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? If you were to take a trip along the California Coast what's one attraction you'd have on your must-see list?
We did that a long time ago from Los Angeles to San Francisco I think it was in 1994. The last time I have been in the States was in 1997 when my aunt died. Ever since I didn't return and certainly not now.
3. What are three things you don't know how to do?
crochet, knitting, sewing, although I learned it at school !
4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true what will you celebrate and more importantly, how will you celebrate?
It all depends what I am celebrating ! Besides birthdays, Easter and Christmas I don't see anything to celebrate.
5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?
I like Almonds and the taste of almonds, but it's not my favourite flavour.
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?
The same as the whole week, we are both retired ! We have Saturday mornings every day !
7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.
I haven't read a book, but blogs from blogfriends from 2006 on when I started blogging. It was and is very interesting !
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am planning the day, because the sun is shining (for once) and a friend and I want to go to the next town Nivelles, where a flea market takes place !